Google Photos taking up all the storage on my phone

Dan Dzejak

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had the issue of Google Photos taking and filling up all the storage on the phone? It just started this week. I keeps having to clear all the data and start over. Also reset the app and still does the same thing. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had the issue of Google Photos taking and filling up all the storage on the phone? It just started this week. I keeps having to clear all the data and start over. Also reset the app and still does the same thing. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

I disable mine. You have an S7. Store your pics on a large SD Card

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I disable mine. You have an S7. Store your pics on a large SD Card
Sure disable automatic backup of precious photos which will then be available on any platform/any device along with various other awesome Google photos feature. Instead store on SD card without automatic backup. Nice idea !!!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sure disable automatic backup of precious photos which will then be available on any platform/any device along with various other awesome Google photos feature. Instead store on SD card without automatic backup. Nice idea !!!

I trust my backup procedures over any cloud service.... I never said that I didn't black up my photos. I just don't back them to a cloud service, and let Googles App CLOG my phone up with useless crap.

Encrypt your SD card. Plug it into your computer from time to time to back it up.. I thought iCloud was bad until I experience the architecture of google photos

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The OP created a thread with an issue for others to help offer a solution. If you don't agree with someone else's solution, propose a better one instead of gigging them for their method. There are plenty of backup options available via the play store, however if you want one that will make it where your content is available through different devices, try One drive or drop box. I've never had any issues with those taking up a lot of storage on my device. Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz