What's Your Default Messaging App? Lots of lag with Google's

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Texting App

Google Messenger. I've tried a few others but in the end I always come back to that one. Doesn't offer a lot of customization options, but it does what it does well, compared to others.

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

WhatsApp. It's on droid and iOS. Has web browser extensions to use on you computer and had phone calling

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I love Messenger, but I get alerts from the office and they ONLY come MMS. Neither the built in app, nor Messenger will consistently receive them for me (this on my last 3 phones) but Textra ALWAYS works for me. So Textra

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I use and love Verizon message + app it's awesome and has a lot of built-in features. And works on Sprint phones.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
So I really dislike the stock Samsung messaging app so I downloaded Google's generic bare bones messaging app, the issue with that is, at times it really bogs down and nearly locks up the phone from all the lag in some cases. It will always lag and nearly lock up the phone if say i'm browsing on Chrome and a text comes in, the phone will stutter for a few seconds and it's not fun at all when it's a group message going and i'm getting multiple texts.

I know this isn't just how it's supposed to be, none of my previous phones did this. Anyone have any suggestions on the best messaging app? Or could the issue be something else? The rest of the phone works flawless, I can multitask to my hearts content without a single hiccup.

Thank you!

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
No problems with the standard messaging app for me.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I like Textra. Don't care for the default Samsung messaging app either.

I'll give Textra a shot, thank you!

No problems with the standard messaging app for me.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

I don't know, I never had the issue on my Nexus 5x with the google messager app but this is just ridiculous on a much faster phone.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I really dislike the stock Samsung messaging app so I downloaded Google's generic bare bones messaging app, the issue with that is, at times it really bogs down and nearly locks up the phone from all the lag in some cases. It will always lag and nearly lock up the phone if say i'm browsing on Chrome and a text comes in, the phone will stutter for a few seconds and it's not fun at all when it's a group message going and i'm getting multiple texts.

I know this isn't just how it's supposed to be, none of my previous phones did this. Anyone have any suggestions on the best messaging app? Or could the issue be something else? The rest of the phone works flawless, I can multitask to my hearts content without a single hiccup.

Thank you!

I switched over to google messenger and it recently has been giving me issues as well. Shame because it is an amazing messaging app has everything I want in it. I went back to the stock app because my messages would all just sit at "sending" and then I would get "tap to resend." Seems like at times it has a difficult time handling group messages too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000