01-18-2017 08:59 AM
248 123 ...
tools
    What's everyone using for a texting app??
    04-05-2016 05:47 PM
    Google Messenger. I've tried a few others but in the end I always come back to that one. Doesn't offer a lot of customization options, but it does what it does well, compared to others.
    Golden Eagle1 and unda1 like this.
    04-05-2016 05:50 PM
    WhatsApp. It's on droid and iOS. Has web browser extensions to use on you computer and had phone calling
    shortwave8669 likes this.
    04-05-2016 05:55 PM
    WhatsApp. It's on droid and iOS. Has web browser extensions to use on you computer and had phone calling
    But Whatsapp doesn't support texting, just Whatsapp's own IM service.
    Cowamj04 and Golden Eagle1 like this.
    04-05-2016 06:13 PM
    Textra. Have for all my Android phones.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-05-2016 06:41 PM
    Textra
    04-05-2016 06:45 PM
    Textra. Love that you can send/receive text through WiFi (at least for me on tmobile)
    tube517, Cmikos, James8561 and 1 others like this.
    04-05-2016 06:46 PM
    textra, love it! very clean looking and works flawlessly
    04-05-2016 07:03 PM
    Textra here as well.
    04-05-2016 07:21 PM
    Verizon messages +... WiFi texting as good as imesssge.
    04-05-2016 07:27 PM
    Verizon messages +... WiFi texting as good as imesssge.
    I use this too. Works really well and has a couple cool features + lots of customizations
    Joseph Morris2, scotiez and tml248 like this.
    04-05-2016 07:38 PM
    I love Messenger, but I get alerts from the office and they ONLY come MMS. Neither the built in app, nor Messenger will consistently receive them for me (this on my last 3 phones) but Textra ALWAYS works for me. So Textra
    04-05-2016 08:52 PM
    Textra. Love that you can send/receive text through WiFi (at least for me on tmobile)
    Not sure that's a Textra feature. As long as WiFi calling is enabled, you can do that to with any other app.
    04-06-2016 11:52 AM
    I use and love Verizon message + app it's awesome and has a lot of built-in features. And works on Sprint phones.
    t0ked likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:46 PM
    So I really dislike the stock Samsung messaging app so I downloaded Google's generic bare bones messaging app, the issue with that is, at times it really bogs down and nearly locks up the phone from all the lag in some cases. It will always lag and nearly lock up the phone if say i'm browsing on Chrome and a text comes in, the phone will stutter for a few seconds and it's not fun at all when it's a group message going and i'm getting multiple texts.

I know this isn't just how it's supposed to be, none of my previous phones did this. Anyone have any suggestions on the best messaging app? Or could the issue be something else? The rest of the phone works flawless, I can multitask to my hearts content without a single hiccup.

Thank you!
    04-08-2016 08:44 AM
    I like Textra. Don't care for the default Samsung messaging app either.
    DJCBS and nastynate2002 like this.
    04-08-2016 08:54 AM
    No problems with the standard messaging app for me.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    04-08-2016 09:06 AM
    Standard here.....

Posted via the Android Central App
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:08 AM
    I like Textra. Don't care for the default Samsung messaging app either.
    I'll give Textra a shot, thank you!

No problems with the standard messaging app for me.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    I don't know, I never had the issue on my Nexus 5x with the google messager app but this is just ridiculous on a much faster phone.
    04-08-2016 09:09 AM
    So I really dislike the stock Samsung messaging app so I downloaded Google's generic bare bones messaging app, the issue with that is, at times it really bogs down and nearly locks up the phone from all the lag in some cases. It will always lag and nearly lock up the phone if say i'm browsing on Chrome and a text comes in, the phone will stutter for a few seconds and it's not fun at all when it's a group message going and i'm getting multiple texts.

I know this isn't just how it's supposed to be, none of my previous phones did this. Anyone have any suggestions on the best messaging app? Or could the issue be something else? The rest of the phone works flawless, I can multitask to my hearts content without a single hiccup.

Thank you!
    I switched over to google messenger and it recently has been giving me issues as well. Shame because it is an amazing messaging app has everything I want in it. I went back to the stock app because my messages would all just sit at "sending" and then I would get "tap to resend." Seems like at times it has a difficult time handling group messages too
    04-08-2016 09:33 AM
    Textra. Paid for ad free when it was on sale. I've been using it for 2 years now.

plmrman likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:37 AM
    I switched over to google messenger and it recently has been giving me issues as well. Shame because it is an amazing messaging app has everything I want in it. I went back to the stock app because my messages would all just sit at "sending" and then I would get "tap to resend." Seems like at times it has a difficult time handling group messages too
    Yup it does the same thing here as well... I have to always go back and double check to make sure it actually went through. I really wish it worked well, it's the cleanest and easiest to use I've seen so far.

Textra. Paid for ad free when it was on sale. I've been using it for 2 years now.

Textra seems to be the most popular. I'm about to give it a shot.
    04-08-2016 10:02 AM
    Yup it does the same thing here as well... I have to always go back and double check to make sure it actually went through. I really wish it worked well, it's the cleanest and easiest to use I've seen so far.

Textra seems to be the most popular. I'm about to give it a shot.
    I personally don't like tetra's pop up reply box it takes up the entire screen and is ugly. Google messengers quick reply is so nice
    04-08-2016 10:04 AM

Thank you!
    Try Signal.
    Vivek31 and Adeyemi Fakorede like this.
    04-08-2016 10:10 AM
    I am still using Google Messenger.
    04-08-2016 10:20 AM
248 123 ...