Anyone notice light bleeding from the sides?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that light bleeds from the edge of the phone. Where the screen ends and meets the metal. Is this normal or am I having issues with my edge?

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
This is amoled , if light is bleeding then you must have an issue where metal is not meeting glass and you are seeing something that should not be visible like the screen folding into the body.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
sfla99 is correct. AMOLED screens don't bleed like LCD screens because they don't "block" the light on a black screen, the pixels just don't turn on.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So what should I do? There's definitely light where the glass meets the metal. It's not that bright but it is noticeable especially now that I know it's there.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So what should I do? There's definitely light where the glass meets the metal. It's not that bright but it is noticeable especially now that I know it's there.

On both sides? Is it the edge panel?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
It's on both sides. It almost look like the black color just ends and I'm seeing under the black paint or whatever. I tested the device under water for a leak or anything and it works fine.

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I think i know what you mean, but, it is so incredibly faint that 98% of people won't be able to see it. You must have really good vision and be in a dark room, and it almost looks like a reflection. Literally, it's so crazy hard to see it doesn't bother me.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I think i know what you mean, but, it is so incredibly faint that 98% of people won't be able to see it. You must have really good vision and be in a dark room, and it almost looks like a reflection. Literally, it's so crazy hard to see it doesn't bother me.

Yes usually can't see it outside or when it's bright but in the dark it's there. I'm glad you can see it then right? It's not just me?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
You'll have to make a decision whether it's a deal breaker or not.

Unless you feel like you've got some sort of defective screen . I've noticed with this and the s6+ that there is a slight light change on the edges of the screen. It's the nature of the curve.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same bleeding you are talking about. But I dont really mind bc it is perfectly fine or no issues with it. I dont want to go to all that hassle returning and getting a replacement then wind up getting a unit that has more problems. So if your phone is fine I would suggest that stick with it.

-S7Edge

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
what light bleed are you guys talking about? are you talking about the screen being brighter on the edge, when you look at the screen from the sides? i think that is just normal light refraction from the curve in the glass.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
what light bleed are you guys talking about? are you talking about the screen being brighter on the edge, when you look at the screen from the sides? i think that is just normal light refraction from the curve in the glass.

Yeah thats the one and yes I think it's normal too.

-S7Edge

Kristian Nikolov

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
The light that you think is bleeding between the glass and the metal frame is actually a reflection from the glass to the frame. No need to worry about it, it's absolutely fine.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any light bleed on either one of my two S7 Edge phones. I don't go looking for something that I can't notice in everyday usage. If I can't see it in everyday usage, it's not a problem.

Edmond Cohen

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I too have that problem.. and it's pissing me off. Did you managed to do something with it ? please tell me as it really makes me angry now that I know it's there.

Samuel_Mercer

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I just noticed that light bleeds from the edge of the phone. Where the screen ends and meets the metal. Is this normal or am I having issues with my edge?

I picked up 2 Note 7s today and they both have the same issue. If the room is dark and any sort of bright color is on the screen u can see slight hints of light on the sides of the phone. Where the metal ans screen meet. Its super annoying but an otterbox today and it does cover it up. Sucks its even there tho.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I too have that problem.. and it's pissing me off. Did you managed to do something with it ? please tell me as it really makes me angry now that I know it's there.

No. Can't do anything about it other than a case. It's not too bad. I have gotten used to it but hope future phones fix this.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I picked up 2 Note 7s today and they both have the same issue. If the room is dark and any sort of bright color is on the screen u can see slight hints of light on the sides of the phone. Where the metal ans screen meet. Its super annoying but an otterbox today and it does cover it up. Sucks its even there tho.

Damn, sad to hear that the note 7 has the same issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995