Samsung Wireless Charger

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Will it hurt to leave my S7 Edge on the wireless charger overnight or is it just like charging with a cord?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry if it's the non-fast charger. What you don't want is the phone to be hot for a long period of time. The slow charger will create less heat.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I charge my lumia 950 ds same way leave on my wireless charger whole night...charging stops once battery is full...
I just purchased the S7 edge gold...will buy a fast charging wireless charging for it

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
What I usually do if I have to keep it charging overnight is turn off the fast wireless charging on the phone (go to settings-battery and you will see the toggle there) so it charges through normal speed. Gives me a piece of mind that my phone won't burn up too hot durning fast charging.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Once the battery reaches 100%, wired or wireless, charging stops. The only problem with a wireless charger is that current is still being drawn from the charger, so you have 2 "problems". 1. You're paying for power that's not doing anything. It's being drawn from the charge plate, going to the phone, but not being used. And 2. some (you'll have to check yours) wireless charge plates throw off quite a bit of heat. If yours does, and the phone is sitting over that heat source for hours or days, it's bad for the battery and for a few other components. That said, I've left my phone on a wireless charge plate for days (it gets about 5° F warmer than the table it sits on) and it's had no bad effect at all, except for probably a few cents of wasted electricity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007