08-15-2018 12:54 AM
58 123
tools
    Having the same problem plz help... what i can see most of us having somthing in common i believe,, most of us jumped from S5 to S7edge rite ?
    Same problem with me
    I'm in UAE
    04-21-2016 04:24 AM
    So had the same issue with connecting my bluetooth and wifi.. especially with my Google Glass. It would disconnect with a minute of connecting. So I deleted the bluetooth profile and when I tried connecting again, I notice something different. After the the bluetooth connected, a security message came up asking if I wanted this new profile as a trusted source and Always ON. I said yes, and my issue went away. Before I thought my issue was a power saving mode issue. Guess not.
    04-21-2016 10:50 AM
    My S7 Edge always has the bluetooth and Wifi on and it always connects to my car and I have never had an issue.
    04-21-2016 05:28 PM
    I am having the same issue . I am not able to get Bluetooth to drop in safe mode though. Anyone have a list of apps or know how to determine what apps may impact Bluetooth? I have been on the phone with Samsung twice already and they are saying it is a third party app.
    04-25-2016 04:24 PM
    My Bluetooth still sucks, I guess I will try factory reset next.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2016 09:18 AM
    I just received my phone back from Samsung support - they re-flashed the phone with the latest firmware and now the blue tooth works fine. Once it's connected it stays connected
    05-03-2016 06:38 AM
    Hopefully the next update fixes the issue I really do not want to send my phone away

05-04-2016 06:31 AM
    For me it was the Tile app. It had a setting checked that stated "Auto Repair Bluetooth Connections (May Restart Bluetooth)" Fairly obvious after you see it, but not at all when BT just suddenly cuts out multiple times a day for no apparent reason.
    05-20-2016 12:11 PM
    My S7 edge connects to my car with no problems and works fine. However, after a while it disconnects for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will reconnect for a while but after a time it will not connect at all.
    This never happened with my Note 3 in the same car and my work BlackBerry also works fine.
    I've tried stopping Bluetooth, both controlled and forced, clearing the cache, clearing the cache partition, a factory reboot, forgetting all pairing from both sides, still no luck.
    I've noticed that it will stay connected as long as I'm playing music from the phone to the car, but when the music stops it disconnects.
    I've tried adding it as a trusted device, in case that makes a difference but it does not.
    Ok...so I have the same issue but I believe that I have found the solution. The issue revolves around the automatic wireless searching system in the unit. I noticed that every time my Bluetooth turned off or disconnected , the wifi I had disabled turned on.

I turned all of the automatic wifi searching features under advanced....everything off ...and that solved the problem. This suggests a software issue.

Try it and let me know
    05-25-2016 04:50 PM
    I'll give it a shot, it cant hurt.

I have now called both Verizon 9 times and Samsung 2 times about this issue. I ahve done everything.
    Deleted Apps
    Cache Partition
    System Flash
    System Reboot
    System repair
    &
    A replacement phone
    Still nothing. I'll give this a go and report back if it worked. Fingers crossed.
    06-02-2016 02:44 PM
    Not to hijack the thread but has anyone noticed static while streaming to a Bluetooth device?

So far I've streamed from multiple applications to 2 different vehicles, a pair of Jay Bird X2s, and a pair of LG Tone headphones.

All sources had a very noticeable distortion similar to a crinkling plastic bag.

I would kindly appreciate anyone's feedback.
    06-02-2016 10:30 PM
    UPDATE:
    I have noticed that it disconnects when the WiFi disconnects. Once I turn off the WiFi all together it stays connected.
    Why on earth would the WiFi have anything to do with the Bluetooth connection?
    Thoughts?
    06-03-2016 08:19 AM
    Ok...so I have the same issue but I believe that I have found the solution. The issue revolves around the automatic wireless searching system in the unit. I noticed that every time my Bluetooth turned off or disconnected , the wifi I had disabled turned on.

I turned all of the automatic wifi searching features under advanced....everything off ...and that solved the problem. This suggests a software issue.

Try it and let me know
    Can you explain a little clearer where to locate this because I am unable to!
    I had no problems connecting for a long time and just recently it started to disconnect,reconnect, disconnect. So annoying!
    FWIW, I drive a 2016 Audi Q5. I realized that it wasn't my car when I picked up a loaner and it did the same thing. I truly thought it was my car until I got the loaner and then decided to search on Google for this issue and lo and behold here you all are, facing the same darn thing. SMH
    06-08-2016 06:07 AM
    For me it was the Tile app. It had a setting checked that stated "Auto Repair Bluetooth Connections (May Restart Bluetooth)" Fairly obvious after you see it, but not at all when BT just suddenly cuts out multiple times a day for no apparent reason.
    You have just saved my life! I totally missed this option on the Tile app! Hope this works!
    scotsman42 likes this.
    06-11-2016 04:03 PM
    OMG THANK YOU!
    My Wife and me just added that and i never even saw that setting!
    She warks as a store manager at ATT and she had no idea either, and this has been driving me insane, as i use my watch with BT connect.

Awesome deduction skills!
    06-16-2016 07:53 PM
    I also had the Tile app switch on.

Quick question, how do you know which apps control your Bluetooth? Do you have to check them one by one?
    06-17-2016 07:23 AM
    I was having this same issue and seems that after disabling quick connect it has been fine the last couple of days.

Tried calling Samsung and did the other things suggested such as clearing the cache, wiping the phone, setting to defaults and none of those did the trick.
    06-17-2016 12:27 PM
    I was having this same issue and seems that after disabling quick connect it has been fine the last couple of days.

Tried calling Samsung and did the other things suggested such as clearing the cache, wiping the phone, setting to defaults and none of those did the trick.
    I tried this is hope it works. If not it's off to Verizon. I tried all the other "fixes "

06-17-2016 07:28 PM

Well.. that didn't last long. After disabling all the WiFi attributes and quick connect and wiping happened again. Have an S6 still and that hasn't done it once.
    06-22-2016 06:49 AM
    I have had the note edge for 2 years, never had an issue until they updated the phone to android 6.01, coming from the old android OS to the new one did not bring much change to the samsung interfaced, and actually all it did was made the phone look kiddy from professional. I started having the issue last month after the upgrade, and it happens in all of my cars, cts, srx, lexus and a saturn , samsung knows exactly what the issue is, they are just not reporting it down to the help desk people that answer the phones, its a vary obvious issue with the build and they had to know it, because they had to do validation to get it in production, and if they dont validate their products, then they are asking for wide spread issues like this. ps my wife has the note edge also, and the same thing started happening to her after she upgraded.
    06-22-2016 07:05 PM
    Same problem with me
    I'm in UAE
    I went into settings-more network settings- turn off scan for nearby devices.
    Worked like a charm.
    06-24-2016 08:19 AM
    Same thing happened to me or similar experiences. For me it was 3rd party apps I uninstalled Walgreens , wifi analyzer, speedtest, and some other wifi related apps. Switched it on worked immediately didn't even have to reboot
    06-25-2016 12:56 PM
    I think I have worked this out.
    My Bluetooth kept on disconnecting because I had "apply settings by location" turned on, so whenever I was at home my Bluetooth was set to "off".
    Turned this off and connection is maintained so far..

My S7 edge connects to my car with no problems and works fine. However, after a while it disconnects for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will reconnect for a while but after a time it will not connect at all.
    This never happened with my Note 3 in the same car and my work BlackBerry also works fine.
    I've tried stopping Bluetooth, both controlled and forced, clearing the cache, clearing the cache partition, a factory reboot, forgetting all pairing from both sides, still no luck.
    I've noticed that it will stay connected as long as I'm playing music from the phone to the car, but when the music stops it disconnects.
    I've tried adding it as a trusted device, in case that makes a difference but it does not.
    08-16-2016 01:46 AM
    This has solved it for me. A few days with no drop in connection.
    08-18-2016 12:22 PM
    Hi
    Where this option is ?
    09-05-2016 06:33 AM
58 123