Samsung rolling out April firmware and Security updates

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, I tried it with the Kies3 app but it comes up with unsupported device and says to use SmartSwitch which did not give me the option to update.

Mark.

My bad mcbarrett! The S7 is not supported by Kies. Looks like patience with an OTA update or use Odin, then. As you can see, Samsung are releasing a lot of updates lately. :D

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't look like Verizon US has made the update available yet either.

Correct! However, falling in line with Verizon's historical update policy, it should be...

;)

Bear in mind that unlike all other S7/Edge phones, apart from AT&T, Verizon is not updated by Samsung and instead, release their own heavily modified firmware, themselves.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Correct! However, falling in line with Verizon's historical update policy, it should be...

[url]http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/ironass01/Hellfreezes_zpsbab44617.jpg[/URL]

;)

Bear in mind that unlike all other S7/Edge phones, apart from AT&T, Verizon is not updated by Samsung and instead, release their own heavily modified firmware, themselves.

Oh believe me I know. I've been a customer of Verizon for a very long time. They have never been quick with updates. lol

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh believe me I know. I've been a customer of Verizon for a very long time. They have never been quick with updates. lol

You know what I am talking about then. Once the honeymoon period is over we will see the gap widening between, say, the Global unbranded models and the U.S. and Canadian carrier minority variants when it comes to actual firmware updates, (not just security patches), on the S7/Edge models. For instance, the Galaxy S5 for Verizon has not received an actual firmware update, (changelist increase), for nearly a year now. In contrast, the unbranded model has had 5 actual firmware updates for bugfixes and new features. Historically, T-Mobile (USA) is the best bet, usually, for updating their firmware. They are already on their 3rd release for the S7 Edge.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
You know what I am talking about then. Once the honeymoon period is over we will see the gap widening between, say, the Global unbranded models and the U.S. and Canadian carrier minority variants when it comes to actual firmware updates, (not just security patches), on the S7/Edge models. For instance, the Galaxy S5 for Verizon has not received an actual firmware update, (changelist increase), for nearly a year now. In contrast, the unbranded model has had 5 actual firmware updates for bugfixes and new features. Historically, T-Mobile (USA) is the best bet, usually, for updating their firmware. They are already on their 3rd release for the S7 Edge.

Yeah, I don't why they are always so crappy about updating their phones. Phone brands and OS doesn't seem to matter either. I used to have a Windows phone and it always took forever for updates, if they ever decided to push one out. I think that's my only complaint with Verizon, the service has been great otherwise.

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
All the Canadian carrier models, G900W8, are being updated, Videotron, Koodoo, Telus, Virgin, Bell, Fido, etc: They are getting the PD3 update with bugfixes and the April security patch.

I'm not sure of the difference, but mine is model G935W8, and yes, version PD3 is my new software version.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
In India we got 2 updates within one week. First one is 165 MB and yesterday 1.06 MB.

Posted via the Android Central App

Those of us on the Global unbranded models are just be spoilt by Samsung. U.K. unbranded on stock Samsung firmware is on its 3rd update since launch

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and they haven't released any new updates on this phone either.

Sprint update G935PVPU2APC5, build date 19th March, was released for the Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge minority, carrier variant, a week ago with the 01 March security patch. Nothing further since then.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
2303fc18eee4e63c625e091c4422e298.jpg live
3e6fd3235094ed2f40d8e8dd212e4cb6.jpg
Sprint update is available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12