04-29-2016 07:16 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    Samsung have begun rolling out the April firmware and Security updates to the Global model for the Nordic Countries, unbranded phone on CSC code, NEE. Also to unbranded phones for, UAE, Germany, Iraq, South Africa and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. More to follow.

As always, updates for the carrier branded minority variants, non Global, are at the discretion of the individual carriers concerned.

EDIT: Carrier branded models for Korea... KT Corp; LG Uplus and SK Telecom have also updated to the April Security patch on release PD1... build date 01 APR 2016.

Also, T-Mobile (USA)
    Laura Knotek, imex99 and docbill like this.
    04-09-2016 06:16 PM
    Samsung have begun rolling out the April firmware and Security updates to the Global model for the Nordic Countries, unbranded phone on CSC code, NEE. Also to unbranded phones for, UAE, Germany, Iraq and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. More to follow.

As always, updates for the carrier branded minority variants, non Global, are at the discretion of the individual carriers concerned.

EDIT: Carrier branded models for Korea... KT Corp; LG Uplus and SK Telecom have also updated to the April Security patch on release PD1... build date 01 APR 2016.
    T-Mobile pushed out theirs on Monday.
    ironass and Aquila like this.
    04-09-2016 07:45 PM
    Rogers in Canada still hasn't pushed the March update... Our carriers really treat us poorly here in Canada.
    04-09-2016 08:11 PM
    T-Mobile pushed out theirs on Monday.
    Amended post #1. I didn't realise that it had the April Security patch as well. Thanks itguyjax8430!
    04-09-2016 08:16 PM
    Rogers in Canada still hasn't pushed the March update... Our carriers really treat us poorly here in Canada.
    Same with Vodafone in the UK. Though they're usually pretty speedy
    04-10-2016 02:00 AM
    Same with Vodafone in the UK. Though they're usually pretty speedy
    Have any UK carriers pushed any updates out yet? Trying to decide whether to get a network branded handset or go to carphone warehouse. Not getting updates would annoy me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 02:03 AM
    Have any UK carriers pushed any updates out yet? Trying to decide whether to get a network branded handset or go to carphone warehouse. Not getting updates would annoy me!

I've got an unlocked S7 edge in the UK and I've not had had April's update yet.
    04-10-2016 05:29 AM
    AT&T is still on Feb.
    04-10-2016 06:54 AM
    AT&T is still on Feb.
    Firmware update releases for AT&T and Verizon are, unlike all other Samsung models, not released via Samsung but are modified and pushed out by these 2 carriers, themselves, OTA. Therefore, if you change carriers with these 2 models, you will no longer receive updates.
    04-10-2016 07:12 AM
    Firmware update releases for AT&T and Verizon are, unlike all other Samsung models, not released via Samsung but are modified and pushed out by these 2 carriers, themselves, OTA. Therefore, if you change carriers with these 2 models, you will no longer receive updates.
    i was merely pointing out how slow and bad att was at pushing out updates. My wife's s6 edge hasn't gotten marshmallow yet or the March security update either. So too with wifi calling. My work sprint s6 has marshmallow, wifi calling, but is still on the Feb. security update.
    04-10-2016 08:02 AM
    AT&T as a service is fairly solid while charging top dollar for mediocre service, as for updates it's a bit laughable if not borderline negligent .
    ironass and pounder001 like this.
    04-10-2016 08:13 AM

Don't know about others. Suppose it doesn't marrier if it's from the carrier, can always flash over the unbranded version.
    04-10-2016 11:05 AM
    Seems there is more than meets the eye with the latest PD1 and PD3 updates that the Global S7 & Edge models are currently receiving, as this article explains...

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge updated with touch improvements

"The new software build (version XXUQAPD1) boasts that touch screen palm rejection is now much better than before, so S7 Edge owners should find that there are fewer accidental presses when using the phone in one hand. The new shape correction feature can now be found as a dedicated toggle under the main camera app’s settings menu. The option states that it corrects distorted shapes in and pictures that you take, although it’s not exactly clear how this works or what it applies to specifically. There are also a selection of smaller improvements to device performance and bug fixes included in the update as well."
    04-11-2016 09:14 AM
    AT&T user here
    I love the LTE coverage but I absolutely hate how slow they are with updates
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    04-11-2016 04:28 PM
    I've got an unlocked S7 edge in the UK and I've not had had April's update yet.
    04-15-2016 12:15 PM
    Just got the update today 15th April
    04-15-2016 12:16 PM
    Just got the update today 15th April
    Are you in the uk and is your phone unlocked, still no April update here. It's amazing how little things can wind me up. I still love my phone but why can't Sammy push out timely updates.
    04-15-2016 12:54 PM
    UK unlocked here. Got the update today

04-15-2016 02:33 PM
    Canadian carriers are so slow it's unbelievable lol

ironass likes this.
    04-15-2016 02:53 PM
    I got the update yesterday. I'm in the UK on Vodafone.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    04-16-2016 01:50 AM
    My April update is downloading as I type. U.K. Unlocked. Happy bunny at last.
    04-16-2016 02:59 AM
    Got the April update and UI update (accidental touch and camera correction) last night. UK OEM version.

I've said before bit I'll say again, even my Nexus 5x had to wait a week or more for the security updates. The updates to these Samsung devices are not late at all so far.
    Soggly likes this.
    04-16-2016 03:34 AM
    Loads more releases on PD1 for the Global model, G935F, both unbranded and lightly carrier branded...

Iraq
    France
    Germany
    Austria (Telering)
    Romania (Cosmote)
    Austria (T-Mobile)
    Hungary (T-Mobile)
    South East Europe
    Czech Republic (T-Mobile)
    Greece
    Macedonia
    Greece (Cosmote)
    Germany (T-Mobile)
    Morocco

... more rolling out as I type.
    04-16-2016 03:36 AM
    Have to say I'm impressed with samsung so far. Everyone raves about nexus for updates but let's face it, it took Google till March to push an update to the 5x that improved it's poor performance.

I've had the phone for a week and already had 2 updates. My main gripe was screen sensitivity when scrolling lists causing unintentional presses. That seems to be addressed now. And I'm on the latest security update too, plus have WiFi calling without EE branded firmware which I imagine is still way behind. Win win!

imex99, Soggly and ironass like this.
    04-16-2016 05:48 AM
    Any time frame for the Sprint update?
    04-16-2016 05:51 AM
77 123 ...