Battery Life And Charging

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So I've been sitting at a charge station at the airport for 45 minutes plugged in browsing Facebook with a standard charge cable and the battery has remained at 61%. Is this normal that the phone is pulling so much battery for Facebook that it can't positively charge with a normal cable? Do I need to go invest in a bunch of rapid charge cables and bases? I lost 40% battery in 30 minutes just from Facebook browsing...

Posted via the Android Central App

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You should just get yourself a 20000mah quick charge battery backup to keep around. I just got the KMASHI brand. It was on special for $20. It will charge your phone 7 times. 2 USB ports. Best thing to have instead of having to hang around a charge terminal at the airport. To answer your question though and definitely can happen with a standard charge cable. If using the phone while charging with a standard cable, the output may not be enough. Also a crappy cheap cable won't help either.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the output of the charging station. It sounds like it's output is low compared to the charger that comes with the phone.

Not all chargers are the same.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You should just get yourself a 20000mah quick charge battery backup to keep around. I just got the KMASHI brand. It was on special for $20. It will charge your phone 7 times. 2 USB ports. Best thing to have instead of having to hang around a charge terminal at the airport. To answer your question though and definitely can happen with a standard charge cable. If using the phone while charging with a standard cable, the output may not be enough. Also a crappy cheap cable won't help either.

Holy crap! Awesome. Didn't know they had rapid charging ones! Thanks!

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the output of the charging station. It sounds like it's output is low compared to the charger that comes with the phone.

Not all chargers are the same.

Good point. I am going to plan better for next time I travel. I was literally watching my battery fade just by scrolling and wanted to push it back up to 100%. Still at 61% lol

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I was on Facebook the entire time. Now down to 57%. Been plugged in the entire time.

There is a article that if u remove facebook app from your phone it increase your battery life by some 30% i think...iam sure facebook app is a battery hungry

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4

DonElhombre

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone!

First time around I had extreme stand by drain and I had too reset the phone completely and now instead I'm having problems with android os and Android system drain!

I hate too go through a reset once again! Does someone have a solution for this! I have s7 edge nordic exynos version!

Sick of these problems showing up from nowhere!

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

First time around I had extreme stand by drain and I had too reset the phone completely and now instead I'm having problems with android os and Android system drain!

I hate too go through a reset once again! Does someone have a solution for this! I have s7 edge nordic exynos version!

Sick of these problems showing up from nowhere!

I have the same cpu as you and don't have any problems with Android System and Android OS.

So how fast does your battery last then?

DonElhombre

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Well it differs! One day it last for about 12 hours with WiFi on and the other day I get about 4h sot! Something very fishy is going on!
I think I have to reset the phone one more time! I hate it!
Also hate the front face camera but it is not part of this thread.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Something strange going on there then. Can you post your battery stats.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well it differs! One day it last for about 12 hours with WiFi on and the other day I get about 4h sot! Something very fishy is going on!
I think I have to reset the phone one more time! I hate it!
Also hate the front face camera but it is not part of this thread.

I get 24 hours and most of the time it's connected to an android wear watch as well as being used to tether my iPad. I have all location services and WiFi on permanently. Best battery life I've ever had. It used to kill my S5 in half a day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol