Do the Samsung keyboard animations keep up with your typing? For me they don't and I've turned the pop up animation off but they still animate slightly and this lags when I type fast which I find annoying. Not sure if it's my phone or of its normal? In use the keyboard is fast enough it's just the animations are slow

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 10:48 AM
    What animation? Are you talking about the Character preview? On my Note 4, when I turn Character preview off, it goes completely off.
    04-11-2016 02:45 PM
    With the pop up animations switched off the keys still go a grey colour when pressed which is a nice visual indication as to what you've pressed but it does lag behind a little

04-12-2016 04:43 AM
    Same behavior here. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing but after I'm done typing, it usually captures everything. Just annoying and throws you off thinking you're not really typing correctly.

04-12-2016 09:34 AM
    Seems to me to be a common android problem. I haven't been able to use swiftkey on my last 2 phones because the lag on the animations drives me mad! Some people obviously don't notice or mind but it is a real frustration for me

04-12-2016 09:42 AM
    I used to use it but then switched to Google keyboard, unfortunately my typing is far sloppy and not accurate enough for Google so I switched to SwiftKey, this seems super fast and tolerates my pace an number of missed keys.
    04-12-2016 02:01 PM
    You can turn off those animations. It will speed up everything the phone does from clearing notifications to going back to the home screen.

If anyone wants to turn off animations, go to settings, about device, tap build number untill it tells you developer options have been turned on. Back out of that about menu and above about device, you will now see developer options. Tap on each of those options and you can set them to very little animation or none.

You can always go back in and turn them back on at anytime. You can not do any harm by adjusting these settings.

keyboard lag?-screenshot_20160412-154621.jpg
    04-12-2016 04:48 PM
    My experience of switching animations off on other phones is it makes no difference to the keyboard ones. Certainly it doesn't for swiftkey, they still pop up slowly even with animations switched off. I'll have to try it for the Samsung keyboard

04-12-2016 04:54 PM
    I agree with aldo82. The animation control in Dev options don't do a thing for the keyboard.

You guys might try starting your phones in Safe mode to see if some app, or sync is interfering with your text speed. On my Note 4, I can move my S Pen and fingers as fast as I can and the letters show up with no problem. In real life, I text very slowly, but as a test, I just typed random letters really quickly to see what would happen. Then again, I've seen my niece text and maybe I wasn't even moving as fast as she does! Old people are slow... but we're still cool!
    04-13-2016 12:23 AM
    No more keyboard lag at all. Just received a software update from AT&T.

04-21-2016 04:54 PM

That's interesting. I got the update in the UK a week a go and it made no difference to the keyboard. It still lags and I can type way faster than the animations.

04-22-2016 03:25 AM

i updated yesterday on my AT&T S7 edge, and i don't see the keyboard lag anymore, either.
    04-22-2016 11:34 AM
    And this goes true for any keyboard. Not just the stock keyboard.
    04-22-2016 12:11 PM