04-18-2016 06:17 PM
30 12
tools
    I guess I'm expecting to see something more along the lines of this...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...e-doze-651.jpg

This is at least 3rd party proof that Doze exists.
    I know what you mean, want and expect, but what I'm saying is that you MUST trust Google on this one as they clearly specified that no OEM are allowed to mess with Doze, so in simple words, if you have Marshmallow on your phone, you MUST have Doze feature as intended by Google, and no, other than the option on the Optimize battery usage of the More settings on the Battery usage screen, there is nowhere else on these phones where to even check what apps are being optimized or not.

Obviously there are other stuff that can and will mess with Doze as it requires the phone to be resting on a place where no sensor is triggered for an specific amount of time (don't know for sure for how long) and the screen is Off, hence the reason I've mentioned since the S7 release that I highly doubt that the new AOD feature works well with Doze as it messes with the simple requirement of the screen being off. If Samsung took this in consideration or not is another story, until they come clean and explain exactly if AOD affects Doze or not, it's simply Gospel not facts.
    04-18-2016 03:00 PM
    Yeah, I've heard that before, but I have seen absolutely NO proof that it exists, or that an app has gone into doze mode. It seems highly unlikely that there would be nowhere to see a feature on the phone.

Can anyone on ATT provide proof that ATT s7 edge's have Doze?
    Just install the free GSAM app. It'll show you whether your phone is going into Doze, and for how long.
    04-18-2016 04:21 PM
    Obviously there are other stuff that can and will mess with Doze as it requires the phone to be resting on a place where no sensor is triggered for an specific amount of time (don't know for sure for how long) and the screen is Off, hence the reason I've mentioned since the S7 release that I highly doubt that the new AOD feature works well with Doze as it messes with the simple requirement of the screen being off. If Samsung took this in consideration or not is another story, until they come clean and explain exactly if AOD affects Doze or not, it's simply Gospel not facts.
    From what I can see, AOD bypasses the normal screen on detection, so the OS thinks the screen is off. But like I said above, you can find out from yourself. I don't get all the conspiracy theories and doubt. Just install GSAM, turn AOD on overnight, and see if the phone goes into Doze. There's no gray area - it will or will not.
    04-18-2016 04:23 PM
    I have AOD on always and my phone still goes into doze mode

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2016 04:47 PM
    From what I can see, AOD bypasses the normal screen on detection, so the OS thinks the screen is off. But like I said above, you can find out from yourself. I don't get all the conspiracy theories and doubt. Just install GSAM, turn AOD on overnight, and see if the phone goes into Doze. There's no gray area - it will or will not.
    There's no conspiracy theory or anything similar just expressing my doubts about this, simply because as far as I know, or read our hear about, nobody have even mentioned the 2 of them together just people on different boards making tests and for that needing to download third party apps to be certain, when it would have been a lot easier and clearer to just have a confirmation from any Samsung official representative.

In my case there's not even an issue as I don't like or need AOD, my 4 S7 and S7 edge phones are going to Doze mode as expected, but like I mentioned since my first post about this topic, this was my understanding and I could have been wrong about it, if in fact I am, then now I know and can stop thinking otherwise.
    04-18-2016 06:17 PM
30 12