[HELP] Group messaging (MMS) issues

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to start off by saying I have 1 or 2 group messages that go on throughout the whole day, every day. When I first got the Verizon S7 edge, I had zero issues for the first three days. All of the sudden, at least once a day, there is an issue receiving and sending group messages. I can't link it to anything specific besides it happening most when the group chat is most active. 11 people in the chat are sending multiple messages at a time and then I'll send a message at the same time and i realize mine is not sending and then I stop receiving everyone else's messages. If I go to the individual participants chat in my texting app, there will be a bunch of messages that are downloading. This has happened to me in the past with other phones, but its usually linked to having bad service at a certain time and simply turning mobile data on and off will fix the issue. I cant link it to anything this time, it happens randomly. It doesn't matter where I am, if I have 1 bar or 4 bars, if wifi is on/off, bluetooth is on/off. The messages eventually start coming in, but I dont know what causes that to happen either. I could restart the phone 4 times before it helps. The only thing I can say is it happens most often when the group chat is most active. I'll also mention that this wasn't an issue in the first 3-5 days of using the phone. Below are the steps I've already taken to try and resolve the issue.

1. Wifi on/off
2. Mobile data on/off
3. Restarting the phone
4. Tried 4 different texting apps - Hangouts, google messenger, samsung messenger, verizon messenger
5. Factory reset
6. New SIM card
7. Swapped the phone out for a brand new one. Issue started again with the new one after 3-5 days.
8. Enabled every app that was disabled
9. Activated/deactivated advanced calling
10. Called Verizon tech support - We replicated the issue and thought it was due to "delete old messages" being turned on in the settings. Tech support thought the phone was trying to delete old messages at the same time I was receiving a bunch of texts and everything would get stuck. Everything seemed fine after changing that, but it happened again a few hours later.
11. I've run out of options

I had the Note 5 before this and had zero issues with that phone and I've never had an Iphone.

Please help

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Digging this up. Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issues and can't resolve.

I really wish my answer was yes, but I ended up fighting with Verizon for 2 months until I spoke to someone on behalf of the exec Vice President of operations and they terminated my device payment plan so I can get a new phone. I've had android for 7 years and ended up getting an iPhone for iMessage bc I was worried it would happen again with another android. That's how bad it was for me.

toolman617

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Nononononononono. That's not what I wanted to hear! :)

It would seem that this particular issue only happens on the S7 on Verizon, and only with a group message of a particular size. Is anyone else out there having this same issue? I need some more data to prove or disprove theories. I have friends in my text group that have an S7, but they're on US Cellular and don't have issues. I have 9 people (including me) in my text group that is causing issues.

I started the support process, and they re-set up the provisioning for my phone on their side, after which they had me reset the network settings on my phone. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see if that does anything.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with Verizon. They kept lying to me and saying this is a known issue and it's being worked on. They gave me a ticket number and when I checked on it, it ended up being an old issue in regards to issues when you previously had an iPhone and switched to a galaxy. The issue really does not make sense. What's the so dfferent about the s7 from other galaxy phones. Really disappointed because I loved that phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc