S7E waterproof with cracks ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
My S7E has small little spider webs on the back, not bad at all, maybe 7 spiderweb shatters on the back, is it still water "resistant"?

Posted via the Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My S7E has small little spider webs on the back, not bad at all, maybe 7 spiderweb shatters on the back, is it still water "resistant"?

Well, I wouldn't chance taking it swimming. But there's really no one here that's going to be able to tell you that, without physically examining it in person. Wow you cracked your S7 already. That hurts. May want to invest in a case.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Have insurance, but as i read i think it costs 200 dollars for a repair thepugh asurion... which is quite a lot, considering you have to pay an extra 10 dollars a month along with another 200. I left it in my pants pocket after a workout in the gym, opened my locker took out my pants and it fell right out

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is what blows my mind. Why didn't you just invest in a 40 dollar high impact resistant case? First thing I do when I get a 700.00 phone is protect it, then I don't have to worry about insurance.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
This is what blows my mind. Why didn't you just invest in a 40 dollar high impact resistant case? First thing I do when I get a 700.00 phone is protect it, then I don't have to worry about insurance.

Well, a very protective case ruins the look and feel of the luxury phone that you bought. But It's a matter of personal choice an opinion. Now, im using samsung's clear case. Its very very light, feels very good in hand but it only offers a basic scratch protection for the back.

Posted with ❤Love❤

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, a very protective case ruins the look and feel of the luxury phone that you bought. But It's a matter of personal choice an opinion. Now, im using samsung's clear case. Its very very light, feels very good in hand but it only offers a basic scratch protection for the back.

Posted with ❤Love❤

I'm really not about the look, and could care less about making a fashion statement with my phone. I get it because it does what I need it to do.
Then again I am not a teenager and part of the generation that is worried about making a fashion statement.
But to each is own. :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm really not about the look, and could care less about making a fashion statement with my phone. I get it because it does what I need it to do.
Then again I am not a teenager and part of the generation that is worried about making a fashion statement.

Hey now! I'm 44 and i try to make a fashion statement! Lol.....

But i do have my 700 investment in a case.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I think the answer is "probably." I've seen photos that show a plastic membrane under the rear glass. But I wouldn't push my luck by putting the phone underwater. Use the water resistance as something that will protect the phone in case of an accident, not something that makes the phone water "proof." Because even without cracks, it's not really waterproof.

I'm not a teenager either, and I don't find the appearance of the phone to be of primary importance. But I hate holding a phone with the added bulk of a thick case. I do use a thin TPU case to offer some protection, though.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My screen cracked on the edge and thats with a 40 buck otter box on it. I too thought I didnt need insurance.

AS for the OP if you still want to use it I would use it with this..

Amazon.com: Vcloo® Galaxy S7 Edge Waterproof Case,20ft(6M)Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Dust Proof, Snow Proof, Shockproof, Heavy Duty Full Sealed Underwater Swimming Diving Case for Galaxy S7 Edge (Black): Electronics

That case if great if you don't want to use your charge port or side buttons EVER

Defender or Commuter?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can add a rear screen protector. It won't guarantee ip68, but it could provide some protection

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Defender or Commuter?

Symmetry.. If it hit anywhere else it might have survived but first drop and a face plant and the edge took the hit. What good is it to have a beautiful phone if it breaks like junk. I want samsung going back to the hardened plastic that worked. My note 4 and htc and others took a hit and kept going.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Symmetry.. If it hit anywhere else it might have survived but first drop and a face plant and the edge took the hit. What good is it to have a beautiful phone if it breaks like junk. I want samsung going back to the hardened plastic that worked. My note 4 and htc and others took a hit and kept going.

I use an OtterBox Defender. But I take off the CRAP Plastic piece and use a glass screen protector.
I have dropped the phone many times, and never had an issue. But I could care less what BULK it adds to the phone. My primary reason for protection is to make sure that phone looks and acts new when my 2 year contract is up so I can sell it LIKE NEW and make good money towards a new device.

jerry Johnson4

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't chance taking it swimming. But there's really no one here that's going to be able to tell you that, without physically examining it in person. Wow you cracked your S7 already. That hurts. May want to invest in a case.

I feel it to i just got my s7 last week and cracked it a lil bit :((((

Leonard Jackson2

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Mines still working after I drop it in the tub about four days ago. I think they wouldn't push the water resistant like they did knowing the back is glass and will Crack easily

allenfresno

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

Yes... it is still waterproof and You can still take it into the pool. I cracked my back glass and a tiny glasses were coming out. Still I jumped into the pool along with the phone for 3 hours it worked fine. I even went to 7meters underwater and it survived so no worries.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes... it is still waterproof and You can still take it into the pool. I cracked my back glass and a tiny glasses were coming out. Still I jumped into the pool along with the phone for 3 hours it worked fine. I even went to 7meters underwater and it survived so no worries.

The back glass crack should not affect water resistance, but I would take any phone into the pool with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995