07-27-2017 02:19 AM
28 12
tools
    My S7E has small little spider webs on the back, not bad at all, maybe 7 spiderweb shatters on the back, is it still water "resistant"?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Bogdan Comanescu likes this.
    04-11-2016 10:16 PM
    My S7E has small little spider webs on the back, not bad at all, maybe 7 spiderweb shatters on the back, is it still water "resistant"?

Well, I wouldn't chance taking it swimming. But there's really no one here that's going to be able to tell you that, without physically examining it in person. Wow you cracked your S7 already. That hurts. May want to invest in a case.
    04-11-2016 11:16 PM
    get your phone insured asap
    04-12-2016 01:19 AM
    Have insurance, but as i read i think it costs 200 dollars for a repair thepugh asurion... which is quite a lot, considering you have to pay an extra 10 dollars a month along with another 200. I left it in my pants pocket after a workout in the gym, opened my locker took out my pants and it fell right out

04-12-2016 01:23 AM
    This is what blows my mind. Why didn't you just invest in a 40 dollar high impact resistant case? First thing I do when I get a 700.00 phone is protect it, then I don't have to worry about insurance.
    04-12-2016 01:32 AM
    This is what blows my mind. Why didn't you just invest in a 40 dollar high impact resistant case? First thing I do when I get a 700.00 phone is protect it, then I don't have to worry about insurance.
    Well, a very protective case ruins the look and feel of the luxury phone that you bought. But It's a matter of personal choice an opinion. Now, im using samsung's clear case. Its very very light, feels very good in hand but it only offers a basic scratch protection for the back.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    totaled and thecomicbookandme like this.
    04-12-2016 05:10 AM
    Well, a very protective case ruins the look and feel of the luxury phone that you bought. But It's a matter of personal choice an opinion. Now, im using samsung's clear case. Its very very light, feels very good in hand but it only offers a basic scratch protection for the back.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    I'm really not about the look, and could care less about making a fashion statement with my phone. I get it because it does what I need it to do.
    Then again I am not a teenager and part of the generation that is worried about making a fashion statement.
    But to each is own.
    04-12-2016 07:16 AM
    I'm really not about the look, and could care less about making a fashion statement with my phone. I get it because it does what I need it to do.
    Then again I am not a teenager and part of the generation that is worried about making a fashion statement.
    But to each is own.
    Hey now! I'm 44 and i try to make a fashion statement! Lol.....

But i do have my 700 investment in a case.
    04-12-2016 07:19 PM
    I think the answer is "probably." I've seen photos that show a plastic membrane under the rear glass. But I wouldn't push my luck by putting the phone underwater. Use the water resistance as something that will protect the phone in case of an accident, not something that makes the phone water "proof." Because even without cracks, it's not really waterproof.

But to each is own.
    I'm not a teenager either, and I don't find the appearance of the phone to be of primary importance. But I hate holding a phone with the added bulk of a thick case. I do use a thin TPU case to offer some protection, though.
    04-12-2016 07:21 PM
    My screen cracked on the edge and thats with a 40 buck otter box on it. I too thought I didnt need insurance.

AS for the OP if you still want to use it I would use it with this..

http://www.amazon.com/Vcloo%C2%AE-Wa...cUvbUpU5121805
    04-13-2016 12:58 AM
    My screen cracked on the edge and thats with a 40 buck otter box on it. I too thought I didnt need insurance.

AS for the OP if you still want to use it I would use it with this..

Amazon.com: Vcloo® Galaxy S7 Edge Waterproof Case,20ft(6M)Galaxy S7 Edge Case, Dust Proof, Snow Proof, Shockproof, Heavy Duty Full Sealed Underwater Swimming Diving Case for Galaxy S7 Edge (Black): Electronics
    That case if great if you don't want to use your charge port or side buttons EVER

Defender or Commuter?
    04-13-2016 04:24 AM
    You can add a rear screen protector. It won't guarantee ip68, but it could provide some protection
    04-13-2016 04:47 AM

Defender or Commuter?
    Symmetry.. If it hit anywhere else it might have survived but first drop and a face plant and the edge took the hit. What good is it to have a beautiful phone if it breaks like junk. I want samsung going back to the hardened plastic that worked. My note 4 and htc and others took a hit and kept going.
    04-13-2016 12:11 PM
    Symmetry.. If it hit anywhere else it might have survived but first drop and a face plant and the edge took the hit. What good is it to have a beautiful phone if it breaks like junk. I want samsung going back to the hardened plastic that worked. My note 4 and htc and others took a hit and kept going.
    I use an OtterBox Defender. But I take off the CRAP Plastic piece and use a glass screen protector.
    I have dropped the phone many times, and never had an issue. But I could care less what BULK it adds to the phone. My primary reason for protection is to make sure that phone looks and acts new when my 2 year contract is up so I can sell it LIKE NEW and make good money towards a new device.
    04-13-2016 09:56 PM
    Well, I wouldn't chance taking it swimming. But there's really no one here that's going to be able to tell you that, without physically examining it in person. Wow you cracked your S7 already. That hurts. May want to invest in a case.
    I feel it to i just got my s7 last week and cracked it a lil bit (((
    05-08-2016 09:58 PM
    They dont have one for the s7 edge yet
    05-08-2016 09:59 PM

07-03-2016 08:09 AM
    Mines still working after I drop it in the tub about four days ago. I think they wouldn't push the water resistant like they did knowing the back is glass and will Crack easily
    07-03-2016 08:13 AM

Yes... it is still waterproof and You can still take it into the pool. I cracked my back glass and a tiny glasses were coming out. Still I jumped into the pool along with the phone for 3 hours it worked fine. I even went to 7meters underwater and it survived so no worries.
    07-26-2016 05:30 AM
    Yes... it is still waterproof and You can still take it into the pool. I cracked my back glass and a tiny glasses were coming out. Still I jumped into the pool along with the phone for 3 hours it worked fine. I even went to 7meters underwater and it survived so no worries.
    The back glass crack should not affect water resistance, but I would take any phone into the pool with me.

07-27-2016 07:10 PM
    But I did buy a $40 Otterbox case at the same time I bought the phone. It was in the case by the time we left the store. Within a couple of weeks, the glass surface had scratches (keys in my purse?) and within 5 months the darn glass cracked in a spiderweb pattern. The phone still worked, but I was worried about (1) the spiderweb spread and the phone malfunctioning at a time when I couldn't replace it (when traveling, for example), (2) moisture getting and causing malfunctioning, and (3) getting splinters from the spiderwebbing glass. The $200 deductible hurts, especially when I think Samsung knows that its glass is really fragile. What really annoys me is that the stuff I read said that the glass was super strong and they told me that that there were no screen shields for S7 Edge, but that it was so strong it didn't need it. Aargh.
    08-31-2016 10:51 PM

09-10-2016 09:25 AM
    I have a Samsung 7 Edge I have not had it for that long. One day I pick the phone up and it had cracks on the back and in the front. My husband and I could not believe it! I called the insurance company phones are on backorder. I guess maybe because of so many cracked phones they want to charge me $200 to replace my phone. I imagine that's what the company paid for it originally. I truly feel ripped off I had a Verizon Droid for several years prior and never had the first crack
    09-10-2016 09:29 AM
    The answer is yes I have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I've cracked my phone both front and back and I just tested it out and it still works perfectly fine! Don't worry over the cracks either it's super easy to crack these phones! The back is too smooth so its easy to drop we both need cases ASAP 😂😭
    10-08-2016 03:44 PM
    So not so long ago, I went out with my family to a recreational park & was just hanging out you know, picnic time. As I didn't pullout my phone as much, only on certain occasions but not once did I dropped my phone or certain impact whatsoever, that when I get home I pull out my phone off my pocket & I see spider webs on my screen, I think it's the screen protector & peel it off & nope there it is, about 7-8 lines of spider webs by the home button... I just tried doing a water rinse on the screen (screen turned on) & it appears water resistance still works..
    11-09-2016 03:48 PM
28 12