Why are adds showing up when I charge wirelessly on my Samsung S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

Adds showing up when I charge wirelessly on my samsung S7 Edge

I've paid for the pro version of your anti virus and I'm still getting adds on my screen when i place the phone on my wireless charger???

Need to get rid of all adds.

Please help

Donna Wertz

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adds showing up when I charge wirelessly on my samsung S7 Edge

I've paid for the pro version of your anti virus and I'm still getting adds on my screen when i place the phone on my wireless charger???

Need to get rid of all adds.

Please help

Donna Wertz

We don't have a virus protection app so I am not sure what you mean by you bought ours -- I would go to the page where you downloaded it, scroll to the bottom, and then contact the developer via the information they have.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What app did you get? Anti-virus and ad blocking aren't the same thing.
I read it that way too, but I'm wondering if whatever the antivirus app is was showing ads promoting its full version. They bought the pro version, but the ads asking to upgrade still appear.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I read it that way too, but I'm wondering if whatever the antivirus app is was showing ads promoting its full version. They bought the pro version, but the ads asking to upgrade still appear.

I didn't read it that way, but now that I go back and look again I think you're right. But until we get more info we really don't know what's going on.

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I had the ad pop-up when I would wirelessly charge my S7E. The Cheetah Mobile anti-virus was the culprit.

Deleted everything CM from my phone and no more ads. Based on OP's post I'm guessing that's the problem/question.

Posted via the Android Central App

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I had the ad pop-up when I would wirelessly charge my S7E. The Cheetah Mobile anti-virus was the culprit.

Deleted everything CM from my phone and no more ads. Based on OP's post I'm guessing that's the problem/question.
Funny how most of these anti-virus apps are as dangerous as malicious programs. Taking advantage of people to make a buck.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I have no problem with Malwarebytes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles