Clearing Clipboard images

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
anyone know how to clear images from the clipboard and just the images, not the texts saved there? i don't like how screenshots are saved on the clipboard. why would anyone need that? if they took a screen shot then they can just go in the gallery and use it. there's no need for it to be on the clipboard. is there anyway to get rid of those and prevent them from being saved on the clipboard again?

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Miserable is screenshots do save in clipboard cause they assume that as clips. If you need to clear the screenshots in the clipboard. Just long press anything in your text and long press again then you'll be seeing paste and clipboard. Click clipboard long press the screenshots in the clipboard then delete it. Or simply download clipper app from the app store and take in control of your clipboard.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
that long press to try and delete image isn't working for me. it's just silly that they're even there because they're not even usable because they're grayed out. they're basically just taking up space without being usable at all. i wonder who programmed this and though this was a good idea.

so there really is no way to delete the screen shots in the clipboard? long press does not work because they are grayed out even though i go to apps that allow images. why are we allowed to delete text in the clipboard but not images? who programmed this ****??? i want to know what they were thinking when they did. what was the logic behind it???? this is so frustrating. something that was never a problem with previous phones is becoming a big problem with this!

Last edited:

S1eep1ess

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Go into your pictures and delete the pictures you want to remove from the clipboard. That's how I was able to delete my clipboard. Pictures.

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
anyone know how to clear images from the clipboard and just the images, not the texts saved there? i don't like how screenshots are saved on the clipboard. why would anyone need that? if they took a screen shot then they can just go in the gallery and use it. there's no need for it to be on the clipboard. is there anyway to get rid of those and prevent them from being saved on the clipboard again?

I just spent an hour on the line to Samsung tech centre with just this problem. Nothing they did worked. What did was deleting all the clipboard, but that is NOT what I wanted. The other suggestion was to do a factory data reset and see if the problem recurs. If it did they were willing to look further in to the problem. To date I haven't backed up my tablet so haven't followed through on this suggestion.

JohnnyAngel

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
~SOLUTION!~
Go to sms/text messages on your smartphone.
Select 'New message'
On 'type message' screen press and hold to activate clipboard and you will notice that the photos are not greyed out like before.
Press and hold on each photo and you will be given the delete option.
I've just deleted some from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that way but leaving the copied texts on.
It wouldn't delete photos when getting clipboard on in the Google search bar for example, but it does work in sms mode!
Good luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles