Thanks Samsung for no Type C in my S7E. I have tons of old micro chargers around. I don't need defective USB Type C cables frying my stuff. I also use wireless charging exclusively, but it only takes one bad cable to nuke your device.
    crester likes this.
    04-13-2016 06:25 AM
    I would agree that I'm happy with it now but if keeping the phone for several years I think it will get left behind. All phones are coming with type c now

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 06:28 AM
    I would agree that I'm happy with it now but if keeping the phone for several years I think it will get left behind. All phones are coming with type c now

How would it get left behind? Will my current standard chargers suddenly stop working?

04-13-2016 07:40 AM
    How would it get left behind? Will my current standard chargers suddenly stop working?

Claelry not. But more and more accessories will use type C so it will become harder to find replacements. Just like when I was in a shop the other day and someone was trying to get an old style ipad charger. They didn't have any.

04-13-2016 07:56 AM
    As long as there is Amazon.com and Monoprice, there will be micro USB cables

chanchan05 likes this.
    04-13-2016 11:01 AM
    Thanks Samsung for no Type C in my S7E. I have tons of old micro chargers around. I don't need defective USB Type C cables frying my stuff. I also use wireless charging exclusively, but it only takes one bad cable to nuke your device.
    If you buy from a reputable person then you don't have to worry. When I had my 6P you just looked on Amazon for cables that were review by Benson (Google Guy) and you could easily find good cables.
    04-13-2016 11:07 AM
    S7 needed the Usb C type
    WHY cos its better
    all the dummys need to know we can get -
    USB-C to Micro USB Adapter
    04-15-2016 02:47 AM
    I have tons of old micro chargers around. I don't need defective USB Type C cables frying my stuff.
    Could you elaborate on that? I've got plenty of micro USB chargers as well, and I am thinking about buying this Verizon adapter (micro USB to Type C) in order to be able to continue to use them.

Thanks for no USB Type C-last_ned.png
    08-15-2016 03:25 PM
    Micro USB might actually make me keep this phone a while if new ones will all be type C. I made the jump to it with my Pixel C and am wholly unimpressed.
    08-15-2016 04:08 PM
    I believe he is making reference to articles similar to this one. A load of paranoia if you ask me. If you're worried about the cables being defective then I wonder why you're buying them from that particular source to begin with.

With that being said, I actually wish the phone had USB-C. I hate micro USB cables. Maybe I myself am buying cruddy cables but I find they always become loose over time and it drives me nuts.

Could you elaborate on that? I've got plenty of micro USB chargers as well, and I am thinking about buying this Verizon adapter (micro USB to Type C) in order to be able to continue to use them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	last_ned.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	235262
    Purpur likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:00 PM