ICE Access to Contacts?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen any references to how emergency responders can access contact information on the S7. There used to be a way to set this up and have a group or reference showing on the cell, with an ICE label.
Has this gone by the wayside or am I just missing it? Have searched but not turning up anything.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You have to assign contacts to ICE. Then when the first responder selects "emergency calls they'll be on top of the dial pad.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
What mine looks like from the emergency call screen. You have to add them to your ICE group then add them individually from the emergency call screen.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Attachments

• 2110.jpg
    2110.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 56

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The problem with the way Samsung has implemented emergency calling is that no one who doesn't already own a similar phone, and has bothered to see how this works, is going to know they have to swipe on the lock screen to make a call. They're going to tap on the phone icon, and nothing will happen.

Making an emergency call shouldn't require someone to try to figure out how it works. IIRC, on my old GS3, you could just tap "Emergency Call" directly on the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12