Hi there everyone,

So about 2 weeks ago I got the Galaxy S7 Edge, which on the whole I am very happy with. However, soon after getting it I noticed that when using wifi certain things do not load at all.

To elaborate:

- Facebook newsfeed does not refresh properly. As most of you will know you can load up Facebook app every 5 minutes and there will always be new posts coming up. Full down to refresh will not work and if I try to click on a Facebook Page Icon it will often say 'cannot connect' at the bottom. With mobile data it is fairly similar but will eventually give me a couple of new posts but only about 3.

- Facebook Messenger App will say 'waiting for network' most of the time. It will sometimes connect while in the window and sometimes I will get push notifications. This is very hit and miss really. Using mobile data instead of wifi is more stable with this app.

- I have noticed that Whatsapp also doesnt seem to push notifications too me as it should do. It will do eventually but more often than not, it doesnt.

- Gmail does not push notifications too me I have to go into the app and pull down to refresh which does seem to work.

- I also use a newsfeed widget from an app called Appy Gamer which has a refresh button. Doesnt not matter whether its on wifi or mobile data, it will not refresh and it should do. The only way I can refresh it is removing it from the homescreen and placing it again.

The strange thing is that my old phone was a Galaxy S6, I used all these apps including the Appy Gamer one and everything worked fine and as it should do. I have tested my wifi connection and its fine, my network provider's coverage is fine (same as old phone). I can however update apps, install new ones and browse the internet on both wifi and mobile data without any issues. I did some digging and saw that the S7 Edge does have a wifi problem and was apparently confirmed fixed in an update they released...but that doesnt seem to be the case here.

Any ideas?
    04-13-2016 03:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any power saving modes turned on? Do you have Restrict Background Data turned on in Settings>Data Usage?

Also try going to Settings>Wi-fi, tap More>Advanced, and make sure any wi-fi optimization options are turned off​ (not on).
    04-14-2016 02:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any power saving modes turned on? Do you have Restrict Background Data turned on in Settings>Data Usage?

Also try going to Settings>Wi-fi, tap More>Advanced, and make sure any wi-fi optimization options are turned off​ (not on).
    Hi there thanks for the reply. The background data option is turned on. However, going into WiFi / More / Advance doesn't seem possible. There is no Advance option there at all
    04-14-2016 02:55 AM
    Are you saying that Restrict Background Data is turned on? That is, the phone is actively restricting background data usage? If so, turn off background data restriction.
    04-14-2016 03:14 AM
    Sorry my mistake...the option is just Background Data on/off. It is set to on which means that the mobile data still updates apps and so on in the background. Mobile data isn't so bad and I can sort of deal with it...the main issue is the WiFi...that's the real killer
    04-14-2016 11:16 AM
    Does this only happen on your home wi-fi network, or also on others? If it's only yours. try logging into the router settings and disabling IPv6 temporarily.
    04-15-2016 01:18 AM
    05-28-2016 05:33 PM
    Are you using net gear , change your router security settings to the first option that is non aes

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-29-2016 02:57 PM
    Are you using net gear , change your router security settings to the first option that is non aes

Posted via the Android Central App
    TKIP or TKIP+AES cause problems with a lot of Samsung phones.
    05-29-2016 06:13 PM