Samsung S7 Edge - Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charger Question (Please Help!)

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi fellow member,

Are you able to let me know if the Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charger Stand charges with the same amount of power and as fast as plugging it into the wall would? Does it push the phone harder, meaning making it hotter than it would if plugged into the wall with the supplied Samsung Fast Charging plug in adapter?

My GF purchased an S7 Edge with the charging stand because she doesn't want to have to fiddle with cords and is curious. She is hoping to take it out of the box and use the wireless charging stand from day one, including for it's first charge. Is this ok?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it doesn't. Fast Wireless Charger is not as fast as wired charger (but faster than a normal wireless charger). However, it shouldn't make the phone that hot (I use wired and it doesn't get hot, only warm). You should be fine by using the wireless charger for the first charge.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it. I have read how using Fast Charge should only be used when necessary as it creates a lot of heat and doesn't do positive wonders for the battery? A few articles I have read says to turn off fast charge unless you need to use it. Thoughts?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
When using the S7's adaptive fast charge charger and the samsung fast charge wireless charger, it will charge the same speed as cable fast charging. Wireless charging (i have the non fast wireless charging) does make my phone warm, but my phone doesn't get warm if fast charging. Phone does get warm if you wireless charge it. Unless you want too keep the phone for 3+ years, fast wireless charging is okay and won't damage your phone.

Posted with ❤Love❤

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Maybe it is best to fast charge when we need too but put it through a normal charge when we have more time - I know there is a setting in the phone to turn fast charging off. For the sake of battery longevity, this is probably the best approach?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have another question: If I turn off fast charging in the phone's settings can the Samsung Fast Charge wireless charger still be used? Will it just then charge at a slower/normal rate with the setting turned off in the phone?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I turn off fast wireless charging if I'm not charging it overnight that way it won't get the phone too hot for a long period of time.

Thanks! Are you able to let me know if the fast charger works with the phone turned off? Meaning, if you put your turned off phone on the stand will it turn the phone on and begin to charge it?

Edit Note: Do you know if fast charging is turned off on the phone whether the fast charge wireless charger still uses fast charge if the phone is placed on the stand or if it recognizes fast charge off in the phone settings and charges at a slower/reduced pace?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
It can be charged when powered off and if you have fast charging turned off in the phone settings it will use the standard charge not fast charging... It will show you on the display of your phone whether it's fast charging or not

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
It can be charged when powered off and if you have fast charging turned off in the phone settings it will use the standard charge not fast charging... It will show you on the display of your phone whether it's fast charging or not

Great! Thank you so much for responding, really appreciate everyone taking the time.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Happy to help, most of the people on Android Central are awesome! If you have any other questions just ask! Lots of good knowledgeable people on here

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Happy to help, most of the people on Android Central are awesome! If you have any other questions just ask! Lots of good knowledgeable people on here

May I ask one more question? I am just helping my GF with her new S7 Edge and something looks off in the charging cable plug-in. It looks like a contact is missing (picture attached) but this could just be the way it is supposed to be. The USB connector that came in the box looks normal (photo attached). I literally just took it out of the package, can you compare to yours for me? 12980521_946466612137834_992610825_n.jpg12988191_946471328804029_372196182_n.jpg

Last edited:

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow nice pic! Yeah from what I can tell mine looks the same... Plug it in and give it a go

Thanks, I just don't want to plug it in if there is a contact missing. Can you see the second pic? I showed a photo of the USB connector that came in the box. It has 5 contacts but the charger connect only has 4? I used a flashlight to look at it when something looked off. Yours only has the 4 and looks like one is missing too? Thanks for the patience and for helping.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not by my cable that came with my fast charger but I have my Samsung Galaxy tab s 8.4 cable with me and yes it looks like yours... 3 contacts then a space then another contact

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Pic

Lance - you are a kind soul, thank you for your help tonight. I actually found another photo online showing the same setup so Pin Pin Pin - Space - Pin looks to be correct :) Sharing the photo I found as well since you were so kind to help and share on you located. Really appreciate the help. Thanks again.6VZJ4QQ.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12