on my Samsung s7 edge how do I turn off downloads so i dom'u use up my data plan
    04-15-2016 08:27 AM
    Disable auto updates in play store is a good place to start. If you want to get more severe, you can turn off mobile data .. a lot of functions give you the option to only update when connected to wifi...
    04-15-2016 12:51 PM
    There are several things you can control in Settings / Data usage.

You can set a total limit on data usage per period, and the phone will either turn off cellular data completely when you reach that limit, or warn you when you reach that limit.

If you scroll down, you'll see a list of every app that has used data. Tap on an app, and you can exercise some control of data use by that app, and control cellular data and Wifi separately. Tap on Chrome, for example, and you'll see at the top of the screen two tabs, one for Mobile data and one for WiFi. Since most people don't have limits on WiFi, let's just consider Mobile data.

At the bottom of the screen, you'll see a statement like "Restrict background data while roaming only." You an tap there and choose that option, Always, or never. If you choose Always, that app will only use cellular data when you're actively using the app, e.g., that app is visible on your screen. Set this for apps you don't what using data except when you actually need it to. The app will still be able to do background syncing, etc., when you're connected to WiFi.
    04-15-2016 07:04 PM
    The restrict data usage feature works great when you need to use little data. You can select individual apps to apply this to or apply this to all apps.
    04-15-2016 09:39 PM