S7 edge does not recognize Google account in reset mode

Mari Alila

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
As many here I had a problem with the fingerprint and the backup password. Now the phone reset itself and doesnt recognize my google account. The phone is new and as soon as I got it working, there was a system update and after that I encountered the problems. I signed in with the Google account in the beginning but not sure if the phone was synced. Is there anything I can do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that the phone doesn't recognize your Google account? Is this right after the factory reset, where it's asking you to input the Google username and password of the account that was on the phone prior to the reset? Did you change your Google password online before the factory reset? If you did, then you have to wait 72 hours before you can try logging back into the phone.

Mari Alila

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's what I meant. It just asks me to sign in with the owners account but doesnt recognize it. I will try after 72 hours, thank you ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I had reset my s7edge and since then amnot able to login usingmy gmail id .. it says the following

#this device was reset to continue sign in with google account that was previously synced on this device "

my password and mail id is correct .. pls help

Ashley Randall1

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I read this thread am having same issues. I have now waited the 72hrs and my Edge still will not accept my google password. I contacted Samsung directly here was their reply.

"We are sorry to hear that you have experiencing these issues with your device. We value you as a Samsung user. The issue you are having is not covered our warranty Have a great day."

What can I do?

VTrish

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue after factory settings reset.

The device and all my other devices activity are visible in my Google account. At the same time the phone keeps rejecting the account.

ahungv10

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

We bought a brand new Galaxy S7 Edge just last week for my mom. At one of the set up pages where it asked my mom to enter her google account, my mom said she couldn't remember the password. Without any knowledge of this 72 hours lock out period, we foolishly just clicked the "forgot password" link on the phone and successfully reset the password. We know the password was reset successfully because we received an email on a laptop computer from Google telling us that the password has been updated and that a new Samsung device tried to log on to her Google account. Then the phone screen prompted a message to say that the password has been change and need to wait 24 hours before we can try to set up the phone again. We have since waited for 4+ days, and we still cannot log in with the new password and the same message with the 24-hour requirement keeps showing up.

My question is, should my mom try to enter her old password (the one that she couldn't remember, but she probably can keep trying different passwords that she previously had used until one hits) or should she keep trying to log on with the newly created password? My second question is, my mom probably has been constantly trying to log on within the 24 (or 72) hours waiting period, does it cause an issue for the waiting period clock to keep recycling?

Any help is appreciated.

Babygirlbih69

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm having same problem as everyone else, I contacted google they said I had too many devices connected to the one email so it would need cleaned up then proceeded to say that it would cost me 50$ too clean my Gmail so that I could connect my Gmail to my Galaxy S7....
This is very frustrating, please help. I cannot connect my Gmail account to my galaxy S7!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I highly doubt Google would charge you money to "clean your Gmail." Are you sure you were talking to an official Google representative?

What do you mean by "too many devices connected to one email"?

Loopytammy

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
I received an update on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Wednesday, after the update it said i could not use my finger print recognition and i had to put my pattern in, so i put my pattern in (which is correct as i have it written down) and it kept saying incorrect pattern. I took my phone into my phone providers shop and they said the only thing they could do is a factory reset which i agreed to, what they did not tell me is that doing that would freeze me out of my phone for 24hrs before i could try getting into my phone, it has been 3 days so far and i have tried to put my google account name and password in and it is not recognising it. I have no idea what to do now or where i go from here and i sure as hell cannot afford a new phone. Any advice please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any advice please?
Are you the OP of this thread, or someone else? Just wondering if you're elaborating on the original post, or if this is a different issue altogether.

The 24 hour lockout is only if you change your Google password, not if you do a factory reset of your phone. Did you change your Google password around the same time you reset the phone?

Loopytammy

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
I am someone else with similar issues to everyone else. The password has not been changed for over 12 months so i cannot understand why I am having these issues. The factory reset was done by my service provider but it has triggered the 24 hour lockout. All originated from an software update.

McKenze Loch

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought an s7 edge off of a friend. They had reset the phone and I tried my email on it and it says that it is unable to login because the password was changed. How can I completely reset the phone like it was brand new?

McKenze Loch

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought one from a friend, he had reset it and I tried using my own email but it said my password had been changed previously. The whole thing was reset. So I'm confused. Can you help?

dickhead2

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

We bought a brand new Galaxy S7 Edge just last week for my mom. At one of the set up pages where it asked my mom to enter her google account, my mom said she couldn't remember the password. Without any knowledge of this 72 hours lock out period, we foolishly just clicked the "forgot password" link on the phone and successfully reset the password. We know the password was reset successfully because we received an email on a laptop computer from Google telling us that the password has been updated and that a new Samsung device tried to log on to her Google account. Then the phone screen prompted a message to say that the password has been change and need to wait 24 hours before we can try to set up the phone again. We have since waited for 4+ days, and we still cannot log in with the new password and the same message with the 24-hour requirement keeps showing up.

My question is, should my mom try to enter her old password (the one that she couldn't remember, but she probably can keep trying different passwords that she previously had used until one hits) or should she keep trying to log on with the newly created password? My second question is, my mom probably has been constantly trying to log on within the 24 (or 72) hours waiting period, does it cause an issue for the waiting period clock to keep recycling?

Any help is appreciated.

my s8 has the same problem I did a factory reset after I forgot my pin now can't get passed the Google sign in page even using the password I used first time , i even checked my google home page for old passwords ,I tried been using the forgot password prompt I've done a 24 hr and 72 hr retry period still get tge same run arround from Google so I'm taking it to a samsung shop so they can do a reset for me and reload the software

dalisayruel

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Please help..ive got a samsung s7 from a friend and before she gave it to me..she did the factory reset...and the ive got the phone and saw an already 8gig used on the storage...i did a factor reset again..but before that i did a google acct registered to the S7...after the factory reset...the initial set w/c to check all agreement and connect...it shows me.."there was a problem with google servers. Try again later...please help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try again later.

If it doesn't work after 2 days (sometimes Google servers do go down), go to Android Device Manager, reset the password, wait 24 hours and try it. (It takes 24 hours before it actually resets, in case it wasn't you who reset it and you want to send it an email telling it to not reset the password.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca