So in areas where Smart Lock are doing their thing, I'd like to just tap the button. Period.

Instead, I have to tap the button and then swipe.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2016 11:27 PM
    On my devices, Smart Lock opens immediately to the homescreen. You're saying that even with Smart Lock on, when you wake the phone, you still have to swipe away the initial screen?

Can you use fingerprint unlock instead?
    04-16-2016 02:00 AM
    Mine is the same as the OP's. I just turned off smart unlock, except in the car. It's easier to press the home button and keep my finger on it for an extra second than it is to press then swipe.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-16-2016 10:07 AM
    Mine is the same as the OP's. I just turned off smart unlock, except in the car. It's easier to press the home button and keep my finger on it for an extra second than it is to press then swipe.
    I just learned something new. Didn't even know that was possible. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-16-2016 02:58 PM
    Thanks for the input! So that I understand correctly--you can unlock the phone and skip the swipe part by pressing and holding the Home button? And this is when you have Smart Lock turned on or off? And fingerprint unlock is off as well?
    04-16-2016 07:36 PM
    Fingerprint unlock has to be on. But you don't actually even have to press and hold, although that works, too. With Smart Lock on or off.

Press the home button and hold it, and the phone will power on the screen, read your print and unlock the phone, and go to the home screen.

Press the home button and let it come back up, but keep your finger on the home button, and the phone will power on the screen, read your print, and unlock the phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-17-2016 06:26 PM
    Weird that this isn't working for me. Is there a setting that turns it off and on?
    04-18-2016 04:01 PM