Hi, if anyone is using the Samsung account backup on the S7 Edge, are you experiencing the problem I'm having?

Since getting this phone, the backup seems to get stuck on "Settings" at 93% before eventually stopping with an error. Clock, Messages and Phone back up fine, its just at the settings part it fails and always at 93%.

If I retry the backup it tells me that the server is busy, try again later.

I'm sure Goggle backup also on the phone has me covered, but still, it's annoying, especially as I'm trying to back it up because I'm taking it back for a replacement today due to a faulty GPS.

Cheers,
    Pete
    04-16-2016 08:02 PM
    Hi, if anyone is using the Samsung account backup on the S7 Edge, are you experiencing the problem I'm having?

Since getting this phone, the backup seems to get stuck on "Settings" at 93% before eventually stopping with an error. Clock, Messages and Phone back up fine, its just at the settings part it fails and always at 93%.

If I retry the backup it tells me that the server is busy, try again later.

I'm sure Goggle backup also on the phone has me covered, but still, it's annoying, especially as I'm trying to back it up because I'm taking it back for a replacement today due to a faulty GPS.

Cheers,
    Pete
    That's a known bug for some time now going back to S6 and Note 5 phones, they fixed it some months ago but it came back soon after. I think that the only time it worked was when I backed each option individually, not all of them at the same time.

Your best bet for now is to do a backup with Smart Switch for PC or Mac.
    piannetta likes this.
    04-16-2016 09:04 PM