04-19-2016 03:49 PM
35 12
tools
    Has anyone noticed better battery life with one browser vs the other ? Or any speed differences ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2016 10:21 PM
    I disable as much Google garbage as possible when setting up a new devices, chrome included.

Truman82 likes this.
    04-16-2016 10:31 PM
    Adblockers mostly support samsung browser. I think.
    I too, try to disable as much as I can Google bloat.
    Stock browser is fast and reliable.
    04-16-2016 11:17 PM
    I like the Samsung browser but it it does lag in one spot. Can anyone clarify if there's lag when you press the tabs button in landscape mode? Like if I have 2 tabs open in landscape mode and click (2) Tabs it's nowhere near instant. It works well in portrait mode but not landscape.
    04-17-2016 09:16 AM
    The samsung browser is faster, and supports adblocks without any hassle. Been using the samsung browser and never looked back to chrome.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    04-17-2016 09:51 AM
    Don't notice a difference so I just use Chrome due to being able to save stuff from my pc.
    the tall guy and ktabel01 like this.
    04-17-2016 10:13 AM
    I usually use chrome but gave the stock browser a go after seeing this. Particularly to see if there was an increase in battery life. So far i see no difference in battery life, speed etc and i will likely go back to using chrome as its better all round
    04-17-2016 01:27 PM
    I use Chrome Beta. Convinced it hogs less battery... Maybe.
    04-17-2016 01:54 PM
    My S7 Edge gets hot as hell when using Chrome. After the first minute of browsing I cannot even hold the device as it gets too discomfort to hold. When using Samsung's browser though it stays cool without even a slight warm up.
    The strange thing is this does not happen always and it started warming up a lot recently without any significant reason. I am still using Chrome however due to the fact that it syncs with my PC, also it is more convenient with opening and switching tabs than the Samsung's browser.
    04-17-2016 02:07 PM
    I like the Samsung browser but it it does lag in one spot. Can anyone clarify if there's lag when you press the tabs button in landscape mode? Like if I have 2 tabs open in landscape mode and click (2) Tabs it's nowhere near instant. It works well in portrait mode but not landscape.
    Yeah - I just tried this and I get a bit of lag, even in portrait mode.
    04-18-2016 03:52 AM
    I can't get away from Chrome, I use it on my PC / Laptop / Tablet and phone - I like how everything syncs together.
    DJCBS likes this.
    04-18-2016 03:52 AM
    I've used chrome for a long time and like the sync between devices. However after trying the Samsung browser with an ad blocker, I'm really impressed and so far have stuck with it. Only annoying thing is a find the default text size a bit small on the Samsung browser. I've read that an update is out that allows the text size to be adjusted but as yet I haven't received this

flintlock likes this.
    04-18-2016 04:23 AM
    If you sign into your Google account in the Samsung browser, does that sync with a desktop/laptop/tablet Chrome instance just like if Chrome were used on the mobile?
    04-18-2016 06:23 AM
    Chrome works fine with me. But i did not notice any significant change in battery life
    04-18-2016 06:23 AM
    Is there a way to import chrome bookmarks into the Samsung browser? I'd never used it before but tried it last night. Man, it just feels so much smoother than Chrome! The only thing keeping me from fully switching is the syncing between my phone and desktop...
    04-18-2016 07:30 AM
    If you sign into your Google account in the Samsung browser, does that sync with a desktop/laptop/tablet Chrome instance just like if Chrome were used on the mobile?
    Nope!
    04-18-2016 08:39 AM
    Yeah - I just tried this and I get a bit of lag, even in portrait mode.
    It's little things like this that drive me mad with phones. It's much better in portrait mode but landscape mode is literally like a full second.

Is there a way to import chrome bookmarks into the Samsung browser? I'd never used it before but tried it last night. Man, it just feels so much smoother than Chrome! The only thing keeping me from fully switching is the syncing between my phone and desktop...
    I'd like to know this as well. I'm not so concerned that they stay synced but I wish there was a way to import them. Having to manually add bookmarks is a major pain in the rear!
    the tall guy likes this.
    04-18-2016 08:40 AM
    Nope! I've heard about third party apps that will sync bookmarks, but really if thats the case then why not just use chrome.
    04-18-2016 08:41 AM
    Nope! I've heard about third party apps that will sync bookmarks, but really if thats the case then why not just use chrome.
    Obviously syncing isn't going to happen, but it would be nice if I could at least import the bookmarks I do have instead of having to go one by one.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-18-2016 08:49 AM
    Yes there is an extension you can install in desktop chrome to synchronize bookmarks work the Samsung browser.
    oks10 likes this.
    04-18-2016 10:13 AM
    I prefer the Samsung browser for speed but Chrome for tab and login syncing.
    04-18-2016 04:28 PM
    I love the Samsung browser +++here

04-18-2016 04:50 PM
    I am also using samsung browser. How do I enable the add blocker feature?

04-18-2016 07:21 PM
    I am also using the Samsung browser. How do I enable the add blocker?
    04-18-2016 08:06 PM
    I too disable almost all of Google's apps, but I kept Chrome and disabled Samsung's browser instead.
    Chrome is what I use on my Windows PCs and tablet so I like the convenience of having bookmarks synced.
    04-18-2016 09:52 PM
35 12