UK Software updates.

ScottMcScott

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else getting this message when trying to check for updates?

I've tried turning my phone off and on again, and everything else seems to be okay.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 861.jpg
    861.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 193

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have had no major software updates in vodafone in the UK. I keep seeing articles about March / April security updates from Samsung .. but nowt for me so far

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
@Albie I have the OEM version and have the April security update. I am also on software version MMB29K.G935FXXU1APD3 which has the camera patch and accidental touch fix. If you have a phone bought through your carrier it is likely that the will hold up the process as it will have to be approved and tested to make sure it all works (and with their extra bloat).

This is why I upgrade or by from CPW, choose an unlocked phone and choose a SIM to go with it.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I've also received the update on ee in the UK not sure if I should download, as my friend who downloaded it last night is having problems with texts containing emoji being sent as mms

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm on unbranded firmware (not EE specific) and just tried sending a message with emoji and it sent as sms just fine. Bear in mind that the default sms app converts long messages to mms when their length exceeds 2 x sms which I find quite annoying. I would say it's worth the update, touch screen response is much improved for me

ScottMcScott

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll give it another go in a few days. As far as I'm aware I am unlocked. I am on the Isle of Man though, so I wonder if this may be causing problems!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Release PD3, build date 7th April, for the unbranded U.K. models of the S7 and S7 Edge, their 3rd release each, to-date since launch, on the Exynos octa core chipset, is certainly a big improvement and has the April Security patch. :)

You could try connecting your phone to Samsung Kies for the download or download and flash the firmware, using Odin.

Last edited:

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had the update without any problems, phone is direct from Samsung and on 3 network. Not noticed any difference to be honest.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a bit difference in the touch screen response. I didn't really have problems with edge touches before but I did find the screen was too sensitive when scrolling and would often select on the screen as if I'd pressed it when all I wanted to do was scroll. I don't think this has happened once since the update.

Wifi calling on EE with an unbranded handset was a nice bonus!

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
As usual I'm on Three UK and no updates so far. Wonder how long before I get this one maybe next month lol!

Last time I will ever buy a branded device.

Between I don't Samsung Kies helps update quicker for branded devices.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
As usual I'm on Three UK and no updates so far. Wonder how long before I get this one maybe next month lol!

Last time I will ever buy a branded device.

Between I don't Samsung Kies helps update quicker for branded devices.

I have an S7 on three and got an update about 3 weeks ago but nothing since. I have the security updates for Feb 2016.

On my Vodafone Edge I got an update a few days ago which took the security updates to Apr 2016.

So they are coming out at different times.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have an S7 on three and got an update about 3 weeks ago but nothing since. I have the security updates for Feb 2016.

On my Vodafone Edge I got an update a few days ago which took the security updates to Apr 2016.

So they are coming out at different times.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

I've actually rang Three UK and they don't have a clue about security updates and said it's upto Samsung but Samsung say they give all carriers the updates to push out.

We will lucky to see any updates if any at all lol!

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an update today. It was about 180mb in size. Strange thing is that my keyboard vibration has now become very low and almost none existent since the update where as before it used to be a strong haptic feedback when keys were pressed.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

photojonny

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I have a brand new (one day old) S7e which I bought SIM free from CPW - it downloaded an update immediately which I believe was the MMB29K.G935FXXU1APD3 update.

I have to say as a new user I find that my palm often triggers the edge and therefore doesn't register the touch I'm trying to make.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an update today. It was about 180mb in size. Strange thing is that my keyboard vibration has now become very low and almost none existent since the update where as before it used to be a strong haptic feedback when keys were pressed.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

You can change the haptic feedback in the sound settings. It is weaker for a certain setting which I actually like

ScottMcScott

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So, I factory reset the phone, and I got the update immediately. Little teething problems I guess... Hope this helps anyone else that experiences the same/similar problem!

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
So, I factory reset the phone, and I got the update immediately. Little teething problems I guess... Hope this helps anyone else that experiences the same/similar problem!

What network and is your phone branded?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine has channels to a lower haptic feedback when typing for sure even though it's all set to full. The haptic motor is fine though because when I go to put it on silent/vibrate it buzzes like normal. It's just typing.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160418-231054.jpg
    Screenshot_20160418-231054.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 74