Yesterday I left my Lumia 830 Windows Phone for a Galaxy S7 Edge at ATT. I was somewhat familiar with Android, because I have a small LG Pad. There are a few different things on the phone.

On my Lumia, my lock screen showed the number of texts, emails I had received. I also had a preview of the day's calendar agenda. I noticed that on the S7, when I receive text messages, the Lock (Black) Screen (with date, time, battery %age) shows it. But I cannot get it to show # of emails received or calendar. Is this possible, and how?

Can you also tell me how to take a screenshot?

I also noticed that I can move anything out of the bottom row of app tiles (over the Home button), except for the Apps tile. Any reason why?

Thanks.
    04-17-2016 06:10 AM
    To take a screen shot press and hold the power button and home button together
    Pastorhss likes this.
    04-17-2016 06:21 AM
    Yesterday I left my Lumia 830 Windows Phone for a Galaxy S7 Edge at ATT. I was somewhat familiar with Android, because I have a small LG Pad. There are a few different things on the phone.

On my Lumia, my lock screen showed the number of texts, emails I had received. I also had a preview of the day's calendar agenda. I noticed that on the S7, when I receive text messages, the Lock (Black) Screen (with date, time, battery %age) shows it. But I cannot get it to show # of emails received or calendar. Is this possible, and how?

Can you also tell me how to take a screenshot?

I also noticed that I can move anything out of the bottom row of app tiles (over the Home button), except for the Apps tile. Any reason why?

Thanks.
    For your lockscreen needs I'd suggest you to look on the Play store for one of the dozens of great lockscreen alternatives that are there, it seems that you want to keep a similar approach of what you are you used to and that is not what the regular Android or Samsung lockscreens will provide you.

About moving the apps drawer icon from default position, again, not possible with default launcher, TouchWiz, you'll need a different one, try Nova Launcher, but I'd tell you, if you are a newbie like you say, I'd wait a little for that level of customization, learn a little more and get used to what you have right now and then move little by little, it can easily be overwhelming and a frustrating experience if you try to learn and change a lot of default stuff at the same time.
    Pastorhss likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:38 AM
    To take a screen shot press and hold the power button and home button together
    You can also swipe your hand across the screen to take a screenshot if you have that option enabled

Posted via the Android Central App
    flintlock and Pastorhss like this.
    04-17-2016 07:45 AM
    For your lockscreen needs I'd suggest you to look on the Play store for one of the dozens of great lockscreen alternatives that are there, it seens that you want to keep a similar approach of what you are you used to and that is not what the regular android or Samsung lockscreen will provide you.

About moving the apps drawer icon from default position, again, not possible with default launcher, TouchWiz, you'll need a different one, try Nova Launcher, but I'd tell you, if you are a newbie like you say, I'd wait a little for that level of customization, learn a little more and get used to what you have right now and then move little by little, it can easily be overwhelming and a frustrating experience if you try to learn and change a lot of default stuff at the same time.
    04-17-2016 08:52 AM
    Thanks for your quick response and for your wise advice, erasat.

I think that's the way I'll go. But I may get back to you for other minor issues.

Thanks and blessings to you.
    04-17-2016 08:53 AM