People Edge update problem

HardMack

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to download the update to "People Edge" ? Every time I click on it the phone does nothing and the update button notifying me there is an update is still there.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My people edge works fine, for me
the Yahoo Sports Edge doesn't update. I wanted updated score for my KC Royals...the Sports Edge screen was a day late.

I had to hit the refresh icon a few times, to make the scores become current.

As for the People Edge, mine works fine. I use that several times a day.

The one you are using, is this different than what was loaded with the phone?

ssarull

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with me on People Edge update. T-Mobile pushed out update to my phone (S6 edge plus) this morning. After upgrade, left with same experience. "A new version of people edge is available. Tap UPDATE to download and install the latest version." But when I click it, it just takes me to the home screen.

Tried looking at Google Play store for manual download. Found People Edge APP for $1.99, and not from Samsung. So assume its a 3rd party different app since I'd assume it should be free for us (however, it looks the same in the screenshot). Didn't try it.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine updated fine...s7 edge dual sim india

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

HardMack

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Same problem with me on People Edge update. T-Mobile pushed out update to my phone (S6 edge plus) this morning. After upgrade, left with same experience. "A new version of people edge is available. Tap UPDATE to download and install the latest version." But when I click it, it just takes me to the home screen.

Tried looking at Google Play store for manual download. Found People Edge APP for $1.99, and not from Samsung. So assume its a 3rd party different app since I'd assume it should be free for us (however, it looks the same in the screenshot). Didn't try it.

Thats exactly what I am experiencing on my S7. Not sure how to fix it.

HardMack

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My people edge works fine, for me
the Yahoo Sports Edge doesn't update. I wanted updated score for my KC Royals...the Sports Edge screen was a day late.

I had to hit the refresh icon a few times, to make the scores become current.

As for the People Edge, mine works fine. I use that several times a day.

The one you are using, is this different than what was loaded with the phone?

Same one, Tmobile did an update today and now it keeps asking for an update that won't ever come.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How did you download from Samsung?

I got a notification saying that there were Samsung updates available. I tapped on that notification where it took me to the Samsung store and I hit the update all button. There were updates to S Voice, Samsung Browser, Samsung Music and a few other apps. Everything updated perfectly.

HardMack

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I got a notification saying that there were Samsung updates available. I tapped on that notification where it took me to the Samsung store and I hit the update all button. There were updates to S Voice, Samsung Browser, Samsung Music and a few other apps. Everything updated perfectly.

EXCELLENT that was the problem. I had disabled Galaxy Apps. Once I enabled it everything downloaded like a champ. Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!

laozi10k

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
For my Verizon S7 Edge:

1. Go to Settings > Application manager > Select "Disabled" from the "All Apps" drop down arrow to view all disabled apps.

2. Find "Galaxy Apps" and select "Enable."

3. The "Update" links appearing on both my People Edge and Apps Edge then worked; updates were successfully installed and the former update message and non-working update link were gone.