Strange Notification Sound Issue

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi All -

I thought this was related to the iHeart Radio issue (reboots and such), as my phone seemed to reboot when another app tried to use audio over the app (may be unrelated).

In any regard, I noticed that for some unknown reason my phone will stop producing notification sounds suddenly. All other audio works including apps, games, system sounds, etc., however the actual sounds from notifications don't happen.

This bit me in the but a few weeks ago when I set up an alarm, picked my alarm tone (which was loud and annoying, as any alarm should be), and went to sleep. I was not awakened by the alarm, but by the sound of the vibration on the end table. The audio did NOT play!!! I went right back into the app to look at the ring tone, and it was set to what I picked. Tapping it again played it fine. So I set the alarm for 1 minute, and let it sit. Sure enough, I got the vibration and snooze/dismiss but NO sound!!

This morning I noticed that again my notification sounds stopped but all other sound was OK. A reboot of the phone returns everything to normal operation, but I have NO idea what causes the phone to go into this kind of mode. I made no changes to volume/sound at all in any case I've seen this (3 times now).

Anyone else experience a similar issue? BTW, running 6.0.1 (G935PVPU2APC5 on a Sprint S7 Edge).

TIA

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Are the sounds you're having a problem with built-in sounds, or ones you added? If you added them, are they on internal storage, or a removable SD card? I've seen flakey behavior when sound files were on external storage. Make sure they're in the Notifications folder on internal storage.

If that's where they are, or they're the built-in sounds, I'm afraid I have no idea.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
ALL sounds, both built-in and added ones. The alarm, for example, was a built-in sound. My eMail ones are added in (internal storage).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar