S7 Edge is not turning on unless plugged in and once unplugged it shuts off.

Tshanda

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
My one month old Edge started to have this problem all of a sudden. I have noticed on saturday morning that my phone is off and not turning on. I was packing for a trip an could not remember right away if i even charged it over night. So I put it on the charger and it showed charge at 100%. I turned it on, everything was fine until I unplugged it... It just shut off dead. So I went through the "plug it in and turn it on" process for a few dozen of times and without a fail it would turn off once it was unplugged. A few random times, once on, the phone would start to heat up to almost uncomfortable levels, where the metal rim almost burning my hand.

I tried everything; soft resets, hard resets, one full wipe, few cache wipes. I spent the whole business trip without a phone and now that I am back home - after a couple of restarts - it has not had a problem yet.

What could have caused this weird shut down cycle?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try leaving it plugged all night (or the equivalent in hours during the day) without using it, if you see that it's fully charged and if after that it does the same then you have a faulty battery, get service, sorry.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep, your battery is junk. I would leave it off until you get it looked at as well, a faulty battery is a dangerous battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz