How Are Sales Of The S7/ S7E?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
In spite of the fact that the S6 arrived to (mostly) rave reviews, its sales were disappointing. As the S7/S7E has addressed pretty much every issue cited in the S6, one would hope that this latest iteration is flying off the shelves.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am sure stats are found on the Internet, but I can tell you from my experience the S7 Edge in Silver was sold out in all Verizon stores until last week, when I bought mine.

It appears, the Silver is the most popular color in the S7E... but I am with you.. I am interested in the sales figures as well.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung have not released actual sales figures for the last month but early indications show that it is easily outstripping the S6 launch.

"Pre-orders for the Galaxy S7 began on March 11 and have already exceeded sales expectations in key markets like China, Europe, and India. The numbers for Europe are reportedly as high as 250 percent over initial pre-orders of the Galaxy S6. Pre-orders in China have also reportedly exceeded 10 million."

Samsung content with initial Galaxy S7 sales figures

"Samsung’s new flagship handsets have received a very positive response from customers around the world. Multiple reports have emerged in the past week or so revealing that the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge have beaten previous sales expectations."

Initial sales of the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge have beaten expectations

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It took me a couple of weeks to get mine, because T-Mobile was out of stock. The sales clerk said every store in the Indianapolis area was out of stock. This was for the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Sure but people will point to the sales of 6S plus vs S7 edge as a comparison

The iPhone 6S Plus was launched over 7 months ago whilst the Galaxy S7 is still being rolled out on some continents. So, I'm guessing that the iPhone 6S Plus may be in the lead as people tend to renew when their contract is up.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's really meaningless to a certain degree, at least here in the US. You can make the argument that a sale is a sale but look at the promotions - I got 2 ONLY because they were BOGO. Me and tons of others did the simple math and determine that adding a new line - even one I don't need costs $15-$20/month at Verizon for the 6 months you are required and you get a "free" $800 phone. Add to that a free watch or VR headset on preorders, BOGO free chargers, etc. and you really can't equate "sales" with true demand. Ultimately it comes out in the wash. Samsung sells alot of phones but doesn't make much money and/or Verizon adds subscribers that hang around for a couple quarters then drop.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Last report was that the gs7 sold 10 million in the first three weeks the gs6 sold 4 m so yeah ill say there happy so far. And As far as what apple sold...who cares . The g5 and HTC m10 will be lucky to sell those numbers in a year

Posted via Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I never understood the goal of comparing iPhone sales to the S line. They are in two different universes. Apple has a captive audience. A massive portion of their user base is firmly entrenched in the iOS ecosystem and will not leave, either because they love iOS or they don't want to abandon all their purchases, etc. So when their only option, if they want a new phone, is to get the next iPhone, well, they'll buy an iPhone. And there is zero native competition to the iPhone. Apple has their 20% marketshare and can make billions selling phones to that slice.

Samsung, on the other hand, swims in a very densely populated pool that is the remaining 80%. While there might be a few peripheral things like Gear VR that might keep a user on the brand, there isn't really a big logistical roadblock... Someone with an S6 can move to a Nexus, or an LG, or Zenfone,etc... and bring their user, email, apps, etc. So the environment is a lot tougher from the get-go.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I find myself wondering why it matters. Samsung's not going to stop supporting it, and how well it sells has no bearing on how well it works. I'm happy with mine, whether Samsung sells 1 million or 100 million.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Must be selling very well..... Best Buy's around me are still backordered on both the s7 and edge for Verizon. Limited stock for att. Can't meet demand.
I was surprised to find this out.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
They're doing pretty well as far as I know, the edges are more popular and no one can keep titanium in Stock. I know that the gold s7 seems to be out selling the onyx, and they're outselling the iphones as of now. I've seen a lot of iPhone users coming in and doing the upgrades for verizon- which is nice to see.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Last report was that the gs7 sold 10 million in the first three weeks the gs6 sold 4 m so yeah ill say there happy so far. And As far as what apple sold...who cares . The g5 and HTC m10 will be lucky to sell those numbers in a year

Posted via Android Central App

The g5s have been getting returned for the s7 and the s7e people just aren't happy with them

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The g5s have been getting returned for the s7 and the s7e people just aren't happy with them

The S7 Edge owners aren't happy with them? You base this on what? There seems to be overwhelming love for the device in this forum , by those who actually bought it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The S7 Edge owners aren't happy with them? You base this on what? There seems to be overwhelming love for the device in this forum , by those who actually bought it.

She just missed a comma in there but she was just saying that the G5 people are returning them for S7 and S7 edge phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair