Dissatisfied with Verizon on S7 Edge issues.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I went from an LG V10 that ran flawlessly but was just too big and bulky, to an S6 edge which I loved, except for battery life. So I ordered a brand new S7 edge from Verizon which ran great for about 2 weeks. Then the issues began. My data connection wouldn't remain connected. I'd have to toggle the data from global - to lte/cdma - back to globle to get it on line again. Th e my wifi would randomly just shut down. Back to settings and turn it back on. So after contacting verizon, we did a soft reset, a connection reset, a factory data reset. Nothing helped. So they sent me a new sim card. Well that didn't help either. So they asked me to do a factory reset 1 more time with the new sim in place. So far, it's worked. But if it doesn't, they'll send me a rephurb, just like new. I told them if I don't get a new phone, I'm taking my line elsewhere. I've been with verizon for 24 years paying an average of 200.00-250.00 per month for 5 smartphones and this is the way I'm treated? Hopefully, this last reset will work. But if not, I'll return the phone, terminate that line and take my number to T-mobile and see how that goes. If ok, I'll transfer the other 4 lines. Not a question of money, a question of verizon not doing what's right.

Posted via the Android Central App

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Verizon doesn't care about it's customers. I have been with them for over 20 years and spend $200- $250/mo as well. When I had issues like that with my last Blackberry it was the same story and they sent me a refurb. which I sent back after my phone settled down. I ended up keeping my original phone which still works great after 2.5 years but I ditched for this awesome S7Edge. Hopefully that will be the case for your S7Edge.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge

Last edited by a moderator:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes... VZW never wants to give you a new new phone even within warranty period which is ridiculous. Within the first 2 weeks I threaten to just return the phone if I don't get a new one. After that 14 days (that used to be 30) you are screwed.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sooo, tech support fixed your phone so its now working. You don't know if you'll need another one, if you do- whether you'd get a new or refurb. Regardless, you're ranting over something that was fixed and may never happen, based on 'grass is greener with T-Mobile'. Good luck with that.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Point is, I paid for a brand new phone, not a rephurb. If this phone doesn't work out and I get a rephurb, I should be refunded quite a bit of cash. PERIOD.

Posted via Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of issues with wifi with the edge 7.I don't think it is just your phone. There are many threads on what has helped.Maybe one of those fixes could help you out.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Point is, I paid for a brand new phone, not a rephurb. If this phone doesn't work out and I get a rephurb, I should be refunded quite a bit of cash. PERIOD.

Why is it Verizon's fault? Why not complain to the company that made the phone? You are past your return window. Do you have an extended warranty? If not, that's pretty nice of Verizon to send you a refurb for free. Would you rather have them send it in for repair, and send you a cheap flip phone while your's is being repaired? You do realize other stores do this all the time. If you buy a tv from BB and don't buy an extended warranty, after your return window closes, and tv breaks down under manufacturer's warranty, you have to deal with the manufacturer to get it repaired or replaced. You need to be dealing with Samsung on this issue if you do not have an extended warranty through Verizon.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Point is that you seem to think that will change if you go to another carrier. Surprise! The other point is that Verizon may indeed give you a new phone, you don't know, may never need it, but you choose to ***** about it anyway here. Personally, I don't really care, maybe you should gripe on the Verizon forum.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Question for pjred2008-how much stock do you own in verizon? .

l actually have no idea what my tech stock covers, Verizon may be there or not. If I find out I have some, I'll let the Board know that there are people out there who have no appreciation that tech support fixes their phone so maybe next time they should just hang up.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, in spite of the comments, I returned the S7 edge for a refund. Going back to my S6 edge that never gave me any issues even on MM. Verizon still refused to replace it with a new one. I Looked at the used one they had on hand, and it was all scraped at the bottom. So now that I have cash in hand, I might buy one for a couple of hundred less. On swappa. Brand new. By the way, as far as the 14 day return window, that should be for a phone thats good, but someone didn't like. When a new phone is returned to Verizon because of defects, within the warranty, they return it to the manufacturer for credit. Since I purchased it from Verizon, they should have gone to bat for me.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand this mentality at all. Yes you paid for a new phone, but unfortunately you had minor issues outside of the return window (that were fixed, btw...). In any other consumer good sector, if you had issues you would have to send it back to the manufacturer, wait however long for them to fix it, and then they would send you back your product which is now considered to be "refurbished," as whatever was broken had to be fixed. Yet somehow Verizon owes you something else? If anything, mobile carriers stepping up and providing a service to get you back to functioning as fast as possible should be seen as a positive. If I buy a TV from Best Buy that goes on the fritz in a month, I have to send it back to the manufacturer and wait until they fix it, and then I receive back a TV that has been fixed, but is no longer new - they're not sending you a new one back. This is exactly how any other wireless carrier would operate too...you think T-Mo is going to give you a new phone???

You also have the right to refuse the like new device they send you if there are issues. Not sure what "on hand" phone you looked at, but like new replacement devices come from corporate fulfillment, not your local store.

On a side note, my wife cracked her Droid Turbo screen last month, and as part of the phone's guarantee, we were able to get one "like new" replacement for it. You know what we got? A brand new phone in box.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Considering the S7, but?

I, would like to know how most of you are liking the s7? Also, hows battery life? Im a moderate user and made it a full day on my S6 edge. Im asking because I just returned a brand new samsung galaxy S7 edge that was always dropping data connection. And had wifi issues. These started after the 14 day exchange so verizon refused to give me a new replacement. Hey I paid for a new phone. I don't want a used one. So they refunded me. Im thinking about buying a new one on swappa. But I dont trust the edge.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes... VZW never wants to give you a new new phone even within warranty period which is ridiculous. Within the first 2 weeks I threaten to just return the phone if I don't get a new one. After that 14 days (that used to be 30) you are screwed.
Fyi, other carriers do the same... The policy is refurbished device after the return period.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I went from an LG V10 that ran flawlessly but was just too big and bulky, to an S6 edge which I loved, except for battery life. So I ordered a brand new S7 edge from Verizon which ran great for about 2 weeks. Then the issues began. My data connection wouldn't remain connected. I'd have to toggle the data from global - to lte/cdma - back to globle to get it on line again. Th e my wifi would randomly just shut down. Back to settings and turn it back on. So after contacting verizon, we did a soft reset, a connection reset, a factory data reset. Nothing helped. So they sent me a new sim card. Well that didn't help either. So they asked me to do a factory reset 1 more time with the new sim in place. So far, it's worked. But if it doesn't, they'll send me a rephurb, just like new. I told them if I don't get a new phone, I'm taking my line elsewhere. I've been with verizon for 24 years paying an average of 200.00-250.00 per month for 5 smartphones and this is the way I'm treated? Hopefully, this last reset will work. But if not, I'll return the phone, terminate that line and take my number to T-mobile and see how that goes. If ok, I'll transfer the other 4 lines. Not a question of money, a question of verizon not doing what's right.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have had double digit lines at one point, and my bill was over $1000 at peak... Verizon doesn't care if I leave. 5 lines to them is nothing.

Verizon's policy is certified like new replacements for warranty replacement.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rtified-like-new-replacements/&token=CPbvnJZ1

Since you mentioned tmobile, their policy also allows them to provide you with a refurbished device under warranty.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1656

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ya! ALL the other kids were doing it too!
Point being... The op wanted to switch to tmobile due to potentially receiving a refurbished device under warranty.

This is not a good reason to switch as Tmobile's policy allows them to provide you with a refurbished phone under warranty.

There are of course other reasons to switch... But this isn't one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol