04-24-2016 02:08 PM
27 12
tools
    Well I went from an LG V10 that ran flawlessly but was just too big and bulky, to an S6 edge which I loved, except for battery life. So I ordered a brand new S7 edge from Verizon which ran great for about 2 weeks. Then the issues began. My data connection wouldn't remain connected. I'd have to toggle the data from global - to lte/cdma - back to globle to get it on line again. Th e my wifi would randomly just shut down. Back to settings and turn it back on. So after contacting verizon, we did a soft reset, a connection reset, a factory data reset. Nothing helped. So they sent me a new sim card. Well that didn't help either. So they asked me to do a factory reset 1 more time with the new sim in place. So far, it's worked. But if it doesn't, they'll send me a rephurb, just like new. I told them if I don't get a new phone, I'm taking my line elsewhere. I've been with verizon for 24 years paying an average of 200.00-250.00 per month for 5 smartphones and this is the way I'm treated? Hopefully, this last reset will work. But if not, I'll return the phone, terminate that line and take my number to T-mobile and see how that goes. If ok, I'll transfer the other 4 lines. Not a question of money, a question of verizon not doing what's right.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ShanesHouse likes this.
    04-19-2016 08:33 AM
    Verizon doesn't care about it's customers. I have been with them for over 20 years and spend $200- $250/mo as well. When I had issues like that with my last Blackberry it was the same story and they sent me a refurb. which I sent back after my phone settled down. I ended up keeping my original phone which still works great after 2.5 years but I ditched for this awesome S7Edge. Hopefully that will be the case for your S7Edge.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge
    ShanesHouse likes this.
    04-19-2016 10:10 AM
    Yes... VZW never wants to give you a new new phone even within warranty period which is ridiculous. Within the first 2 weeks I threaten to just return the phone if I don't get a new one. After that 14 days (that used to be 30) you are screwed.
    04-19-2016 11:20 AM
    Sooo, tech support fixed your phone so its now working. You don't know if you'll need another one, if you do- whether you'd get a new or refurb. Regardless, you're ranting over something that was fixed and may never happen, based on 'grass is greener with T-Mobile'. Good luck with that.
    wxman2003 likes this.
    04-19-2016 11:31 AM
    i would use a pay phone before i would use Verizon.
    04-19-2016 11:52 AM
    i would use a pay phone before i would use Verizon.
    The way coverage is with some of these other carriers you very well may end up using a pay phone lol. Just a little joke. But yeah I agree, it's hard to get new phones from Verizon past the 14 day mark.
    04-19-2016 12:52 PM
    Point is, I paid for a brand new phone, not a rephurb. If this phone doesn't work out and I get a rephurb, I should be refunded quite a bit of cash. PERIOD.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-19-2016 01:11 PM
    Question for pjred2008-how much stock do you own in verizon? .

04-19-2016 01:12 PM
    There are a lot of issues with wifi with the edge 7.I don't think it is just your phone. There are many threads on what has helped.Maybe one of those fixes could help you out.
    04-19-2016 03:29 PM
    Point is, I paid for a brand new phone, not a rephurb. If this phone doesn't work out and I get a rephurb, I should be refunded quite a bit of cash. PERIOD.

Why is it Verizon's fault? Why not complain to the company that made the phone? You are past your return window. Do you have an extended warranty? If not, that's pretty nice of Verizon to send you a refurb for free. Would you rather have them send it in for repair, and send you a cheap flip phone while your's is being repaired? You do realize other stores do this all the time. If you buy a tv from BB and don't buy an extended warranty, after your return window closes, and tv breaks down under manufacturer's warranty, you have to deal with the manufacturer to get it repaired or replaced. You need to be dealing with Samsung on this issue if you do not have an extended warranty through Verizon.
    04-19-2016 03:38 PM
    Point is that you seem to think that will change if you go to another carrier. Surprise! The other point is that Verizon may indeed give you a new phone, you don't know, may never need it, but you choose to ***** about it anyway here. Personally, I don't really care, maybe you should gripe on the Verizon forum.
    wxman2003 likes this.
    04-19-2016 03:47 PM
    Question for pjred2008-how much stock do you own in verizon? .
    l actually have no idea what my tech stock covers, Verizon may be there or not. If I find out I have some, I'll let the Board know that there are people out there who have no appreciation that tech support fixes their phone so maybe next time they should just hang up.
    04-19-2016 03:53 PM
    Well, in spite of the comments, I returned the S7 edge for a refund. Going back to my S6 edge that never gave me any issues even on MM. Verizon still refused to replace it with a new one. I Looked at the used one they had on hand, and it was all scraped at the bottom. So now that I have cash in hand, I might buy one for a couple of hundred less. On swappa. Brand new. By the way, as far as the 14 day return window, that should be for a phone thats good, but someone didn't like. When a new phone is returned to Verizon because of defects, within the warranty, they return it to the manufacturer for credit. Since I purchased it from Verizon, they should have gone to bat for me.

04-21-2016 12:49 PM

I don't understand this mentality at all. Yes you paid for a new phone, but unfortunately you had minor issues outside of the return window (that were fixed, btw...). In any other consumer good sector, if you had issues you would have to send it back to the manufacturer, wait however long for them to fix it, and then they would send you back your product which is now considered to be "refurbished," as whatever was broken had to be fixed. Yet somehow Verizon owes you something else? If anything, mobile carriers stepping up and providing a service to get you back to functioning as fast as possible should be seen as a positive. If I buy a TV from Best Buy that goes on the fritz in a month, I have to send it back to the manufacturer and wait until they fix it, and then I receive back a TV that has been fixed, but is no longer new - they're not sending you a new one back. This is exactly how any other wireless carrier would operate too...you think T-Mo is going to give you a new phone???

You also have the right to refuse the like new device they send you if there are issues. Not sure what "on hand" phone you looked at, but like new replacement devices come from corporate fulfillment, not your local store.

On a side note, my wife cracked her Droid Turbo screen last month, and as part of the phone's guarantee, we were able to get one "like new" replacement for it. You know what we got? A brand new phone in box.
    04-21-2016 01:30 PM
    I, would like to know how most of you are liking the s7? Also, hows battery life? Im a moderate user and made it a full day on my S6 edge. Im asking because I just returned a brand new samsung galaxy S7 edge that was always dropping data connection. And had wifi issues. These started after the 14 day exchange so verizon refused to give me a new replacement. Hey I paid for a new phone. I don't want a used one. So they refunded me. Im thinking about buying a new one on swappa. But I dont trust the edge.

04-21-2016 02:43 PM
    Yes... VZW never wants to give you a new new phone even within warranty period which is ridiculous. Within the first 2 weeks I threaten to just return the phone if I don't get a new one. After that 14 days (that used to be 30) you are screwed.
    Fyi, other carriers do the same... The policy is refurbished device after the return period.
    04-21-2016 10:19 PM
    Fyi, other carriers do the same... The policy is refurbished device after the return period.
    Ya! ALL the other kids were doing it too!
    04-21-2016 10:21 PM
    I believe he is saying it is more of a standard to have 14 day return policy -- as in you can't go to another carrier and expect different.
    04-21-2016 10:27 PM
    Well I went from an LG V10 that ran flawlessly but was just too big and bulky, to an S6 edge which I loved, except for battery life. So I ordered a brand new S7 edge from Verizon which ran great for about 2 weeks. Then the issues began. My data connection wouldn't remain connected. I'd have to toggle the data from global - to lte/cdma - back to globle to get it on line again. Th e my wifi would randomly just shut down. Back to settings and turn it back on. So after contacting verizon, we did a soft reset, a connection reset, a factory data reset. Nothing helped. So they sent me a new sim card. Well that didn't help either. So they asked me to do a factory reset 1 more time with the new sim in place. So far, it's worked. But if it doesn't, they'll send me a rephurb, just like new. I told them if I don't get a new phone, I'm taking my line elsewhere. I've been with verizon for 24 years paying an average of 200.00-250.00 per month for 5 smartphones and this is the way I'm treated? Hopefully, this last reset will work. But if not, I'll return the phone, terminate that line and take my number to T-mobile and see how that goes. If ok, I'll transfer the other 4 lines. Not a question of money, a question of verizon not doing what's right.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have had double digit lines at one point, and my bill was over $1000 at peak... Verizon doesn't care if I leave. 5 lines to them is nothing.

Verizon's policy is certified like new replacements for warranty replacement.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=WYjbxp7m

Since you mentioned tmobile, their policy also allows them to provide you with a refurbished device under warranty.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1656
    04-21-2016 10:27 PM
    Point being... The op wanted to switch to tmobile due to potentially receiving a refurbished device under warranty.

This is not a good reason to switch as Tmobile's policy allows them to provide you with a refurbished phone under warranty.

There are of course other reasons to switch... But this isn't one of them.
    04-21-2016 10:30 PM
    And I was suggesting bad behavior in a group is not an excuse for an individual similarly behaving badly but it is a commonly used one.

Very few products have such a short "warranty". The fact others do it is a good reason for an antitrust suit. Obvious collusion.

I support VZW workers against unfair labor practice as well.
    04-21-2016 10:30 PM
    And I was suggesting bad behavior in a group is not an excuse for an individual similarly behaving badly but it is a commonly used one.
    And that may be but .. dpham was trying to be helpful in regards to the concerns the OP brought up (as in saying he would switch to T-Mobile who actually has the exact same policy) -- not have a discussion about what is right or fair .
    04-21-2016 10:35 PM
    Well, in spite of the comments, I returned the S7 edge for a refund. Going back to my S6 edge that never gave me any issues even on MM. Verizon still refused to replace it with a new one. I Looked at the used one they had on hand, and it was all scraped at the bottom. So now that I have cash in hand, I might buy one for a couple of hundred less. On swappa. Brand new. By the way, as far as the 14 day return window, that should be for a phone thats good, but someone didn't like. When a new phone is returned to Verizon because of defects, within the warranty, they return it to the manufacturer for credit. Since I purchased it from Verizon, they should have gone to bat for me.

Don't expect Verizon to go beyond what they are minimally required to do.

This refurbished policy has been in play since I could remember on Verizon.
    04-21-2016 10:35 PM
    I clearly remember when it was 30 days but I have been a VZW customer since the days of those giant analog Motorola flip phones.

I read a reply I was notified by Tapatalk. I didn't go back and read the thread. I merely replied to a quote of a post I made and forgot about.

It just struck me that children always cry the same excuse. Everybody else was doing it too! The policy is unfair to consumers even if it is the industry standard. A defective product may well not reveal itself until well beyond 14 days. As consumers we should have the right to exchange or return said product. Just my opinion.

I meant my reply in a light hearted way and I apologize if anyone was offended.
    04-21-2016 10:42 PM
    I, would like to know how most of you are liking the s7? Also, hows battery life? Im a moderate user and made it a full day on my S6 edge. Im asking because I just returned a brand new samsung galaxy S7 edge that was always dropping data connection. And had wifi issues. These started after the 14 day exchange so verizon refused to give me a new replacement. Hey I paid for a new phone. I don't want a used one. So they refunded me. Im thinking about buying a new one on swappa. But I dont trust the edge.

I purchased my S7E on Swappa,Com from a person who was an apple fan boy. He had ordered 2 S7E's and his wife put hers in service and loved it but I guess this guy decided S7E was not performing as his iphone 6 and he just put his SIM back in his iphone and then put this S7E on Swappa.Com. I made him and offer and ask him if we could meet as he was in the same city as me and he met my offer and I paid thru paypal we met about 30 minutes later and he gave me my S7E. The phone was basically new. I took it over to BB and had them place a ZAGG screen saver on it, went over to VZW corporate store and purchased an Incipio case. The VZW rep wanted to do all kinds of things but I just took the phone and come home to set the phone up the way I wanted it and 4 days later I put in my SIM card from my S6E-128 and turned the S7E on and within about 5 minutes my S7E was up and working. The phone I have is a really nice phone and it works as advertised. I just like my old phone better the S6E I was using. The S6E is a smaller profile phone which I like, they have almost identical OS. I would never ever purchase a phone or tablet from VZW. I always purchase my phones on Swappa.Com or EBAY VZW is just my service provider because it works best in most of the places I frequent. I just wish at&t had as good of service as VZW in those places I frequent as I would get a better discount as a retired employee. The things I do buy from the VZW Corporate stores are accessories and get 25% discount seldom can that price be beat.
    04-21-2016 10:53 PM
27 12