S7 Edge ATT Update Released

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Then go your Lockscreen settings and redo the process of selecting the unlock option. If your fingerprints work with the rest then it must be related to the Unlock options.

This doesn't work. I've gone as far as to do a factory reset, but the phone insists upon showing pattern as the primary unlock method and the fingerprint as the secondary. I am highly pissed about this.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Latest update from AT&T has turned my phone into an a-hole

AARRGG....Please post back here and let us know what they determine. I like the less sensitive screen but not at the expense of the finger print sensor..

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: I'm thinking the problem might be Nova. I don't know what Nova has to do with the lock screen, but when I am having the problem, Nova is the default launcher... and the problem is happening at a high clip... maybe 95% of the time. When I switch over to Touchwiz, the fingerprint unlocks the phone 100% of the time.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Update: I'm thinking the problem might be Nova. I don't know what Nova has to do with the lock screen, but when I am having the problem, Nova is the default launcher... and the problem is happening at a high clip... maybe 95% of the time. When I switch over to Touchwiz, the fingerprint unlocks the phone 100% of the time.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I updated and I use Nova. Mine seems to be working fine with the fingerprint sensor. I only get the keypad lock screen on reboots. Just and FYI

JYount14

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
On the initial boot up after the update mine still showed the SD card notification... quick swipe away and it doesn't show up again until you reboot.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Even after the first time, fingerprint doesn't unlock lockscreen for ne. Takes me to keypad for pin. Fingerprint still works with Samsung pay and signing into websites via stock Internet app. Just won't unlock lockscreen. Am I the only one?

Try going into your settings and see if the option is off or on.

abaishya

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You probably have Nova activated as a device administrator for unlocking your screen. I disabled that, which removed the double tap to lock screen. Now I just press the power button to lock. Fingerprint unlock was more important than double tap to lock for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

atlsport

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep it seems to be the Nova double-tap. Disable that and my fingerprint unlocks the screen every time. Double-tap to lock it and only a pin will get you back in. Explains why every now and then my fingerprint was working... when the phone locked itself due to timeout setting. But when I used double-tap to lock, it was a no-go. I'll see if I can report it to Nova. Thanks for the detective work, guys. One of the many reasons I love these forums.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site

If you have Nova set as an administrator on your phone, you'll probably be experiencing this issue.

atlsport

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

For me it's just using double-tap to lock. I still have Nova as a device administrator but disabled the double-tap thing in gestures. Now my fingerprint unlocks the lockscreen every time. Yay.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So I used the Samsung+ app to do a live chat with an agent. Since I did a factory reset to try to resolve the issue, they recommended that I take the phone to Best Buy and have the Samsung folks there do "something" (I forget what she called it). I'm hoping that works. Otherwise what? Replacement phone???

It could either be that or you may just need to do a Factory Reset. I would do a FDR first before going through any replacements.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
After the update, battery life seems to be worse. Although it's been getting steadily worse and worse since I bought the phone two weeks ago. An hour of screen on time seems worth about 20-25% of battery life

EDIT: Just realized this was posted in the Edge section. I have just the regular S7

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep it seems to be the Nova double-tap. Disable that and my fingerprint unlocks the screen every time. Double-tap to lock it and only a pin will get you back in. Explains why every now and then my fingerprint was working... when the phone locked itself due to timeout setting. But when I used double-tap to lock, it was a no-go. I'll see if I can report it to Nova. Thanks for the detective work, guys. One of the many reasons I love these forums.

Yup. That was the cause of my problems too. THANKS!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX