I recently bought the S7 Edge (mid-march) and after reading all the info I could find I elected to buy the Exynos version (G935F). I'm on AT&T in the US and so far it's been great!

My question, is that I thought I would still receive OTA updates, but it seems like I'm not getting any (still on APB6). "Checked for updates" on the phone and it says I'm on the most current version. After doing research here, I'm learning that I'm going to have to flash them myself; is that right?

If so, could someone point me in the right direction and perhaps ELI5 how to go about this? I see people discussing Kies, smartswitch, Odin, various region codes, etc and I'm a bit confused.

My product code is SM-G935FZKAEGY (so currently on Egyptian region, right?). Thanks for any help you can provide!
    04-20-2016 05:10 PM
    I recently bought the S7 Edge (mid-march) and after reading all the info I could find I elected to buy the Exynos version (G935F). I'm on AT&T in the US and so far it's been great!

My question, is that I thought I would still receive OTA updates, but it seems like I'm not getting any (still on APB6). "Checked for updates" on the phone and it says I'm on the most current version. After doing research here, I'm learning that I'm going to have to flash them myself; is that right?

If so, could someone point me in the right direction and perhaps ELI5 how to go about this? I see people discussing Kies, smartswitch, Odin, various region codes, etc and I'm a bit confused.

My product code is SM-G935FZKAEGY (so currently on Egyptian region, right?). Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Unlike the AT&T and Verizon models, all other Samsung phones are updated by Samsung, no matter which network you are on.

The update relies on your phone's Product Code, which you have helpfully supplied, "SM-G935FZKAEGY". You Product Code is for the unbranded Egyptian firmware. There has, to-date, only been the original firmware release for your Product Code, which is...

Model SM-G935F
    Model name Galaxy S7 edge
    Country Egypt
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 110166628
    Build date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 02:55:52 +0000
    Product code EGY
    PDA G935FXXU1APB6
    CSC G935FOJV1APB4

As soon as an update is released for your Product Code, you will receive it OTA, (Over The Air).
    04-20-2016 05:20 PM
    Thank you! So, am I on a "bad" region that's not providing needed updates? Should I switch to a different region's firmware? From what I've read it seems like I could do that if I wanted, but since it seems challenging I want to make sure it's worth the effort.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-20-2016 05:39 PM
    Thank you! Should I switch to a different region's firmware? Am I missing out on important updates?

04-20-2016 05:41 PM
    Thank you! So, am I on a "bad" region that's not providing needed updates? Should I switch to a different region's firmware? From what I've read it seems like I could do that if I wanted, but since it seems challenging I want to make sure it's worth the effort.

Egypt as a Product Code is, how shall we say, a challenging update area. As you have the Global model, G935F, you can flash any of the 200+ firmwares for that model. I would suggest the unbranded U.K. firmware which usually receives fast and frequent updates. However, flashing any firmware that does not match your Product code will prevent future OTA and Samsung Kies updates and will require you to update through downloading and flashing via Odin. It also, "may", outside of Europe, void your warranty.
    04-20-2016 06:17 PM
    Thanks again. Just my luck to get the Exynos version expecting quick updates, and i end up with a product code that's slower than the US. :S

How do i know which UK version to pick? Also, can I change my product code as well do I'll get future OTA's for UK?

04-20-2016 07:31 PM
    Thanks again. Just my luck to get the Exynos version expecting quick updates, and i end up with a product code that's slower than the US. :S

How do i know which UK version to pick? Also, can I change my product code as well do I'll get future OTA's for UK?

Here is the latest firmware for unbranded U.K.

Model SM-G935F
    Model name Galaxy S7 edge
    Country United Kingdom
    Version Android 6.0.1
    Changelist 110166628
    Build date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 09:48:03 +0000
    Product code BTU
    PDA G935FXXU1APD3
    CSC G935FBTU1APD3

If you install Phone INFO ★Samsung★, free from the Play Store, it ha a feature that, "may", be able to change your Product Code to enable OTA updates. It will Factory Data Reset your phone during the process though.
    04-20-2016 07:55 PM

Look for the firmware you want to flash you can use the one that was suggested here, from UK, look for the firmware over Sammobile website, download Odin's latest version and flash it, it will erase your data so do a backup.

If it's just like the S6 and it should be, after you flash the new firmware just do a Wipe cache Partition and then the Wipe data on the Recovery Menu, then check with Phone info the CSC, again, if it's just like the S6, I needed to do the Wipes twice for it to change the CSC Region Code as it was showing 2 Regions, the original and the new one, after the second wipe cache and data it left just the new one.
    04-20-2016 09:52 PM
    Thank you for your help! I'll try and switch everything over to the UK version over the weekend and report back with my success!

04-20-2016 10:46 PM
    Update just APD1 just hit my phone this morning! Egyptians (and at least one American) rejoice!

04-21-2016 08:25 AM
    Ordered the Unlocked 935F. Do I insert my ATT sim first to get updates or try without sim?
    04-21-2016 01:56 PM
    It shouldn't make a difference. It always helpful to know which region your phone comes from, though!

04-21-2016 02:06 PM
    It shouldn't make a difference. It always helpful to know which region your phone comes from, though!

Thanks!
    04-21-2016 02:30 PM