I picked up a Verizon S7 Edge last week (after paying off my S6 Edge), and I've been immensely happy with performance and battery life, but I quickly encountered a nagging issue:

My home button was loose. It didn't rattle, but it had a very tactile shift underneath my finger each time it was touched - it seemed to slide a little bit in its groove vertically. So, I called Verizon. They said it was a common problem with the S6, so, they weren't surprised to hear it about the S7. They told me to stop into my local corporate store, and swap it out. They even put a note on the account letting the store know they'd approved it.

Great! Simple. I stopped into Verizon after work today, they pulled up my account, saw the note, and boom, I was out of there with a new Edge in minutes. I get home, start playing with it, restoring my apps and whatnot, and within minutes, the home button is loose again - this time even worse than the first.

Has anyone else noticed this? Again, no rattle like what was prevalent on the S6, but I can very easily move the entire button with my finger, and it doesn't seem nearly as stable as my S6 Edge was. That button was tight with no wiggle room, and I loved it. I expect the S7 would be more of the same, but thus far, I've found just the opposite.

Anyone care to comment on the tactility of their button?
    04-20-2016 07:42 PM
    I picked up a Verizon S7 Edge last week (after paying off my S6 Edge), and I've been immensely happy with performance and battery life, but I quickly encountered a nagging issue:

My home button was loose. It didn't rattle, but it had a very tactile shift underneath my finger each time it was touched - it seemed to slide a little bit in its groove vertically. So, I called Verizon. They said it was a common problem with the S6, so, they weren't surprised to hear it about the S7. They told me to stop into my local corporate store, and swap it out. They even put a note on the account letting the store know they'd approved it.

Great! Simple. I stopped into Verizon after work today, they pulled up my account, saw the note, and boom, I was out of there with a new Edge in minutes. I get home, start playing with it, restoring my apps and whatnot, and within minutes, the home button is loose again - this time even worse than the first.

Has anyone else noticed this? Again, no rattle like what was prevalent on the S6, but I can very easily move the entire button with my finger, and it doesn't seem nearly as stable as my S6 Edge was. That button was tight with no wiggle room, and I loved it. I expect the S7 would be more of the same, but thus far, I've found just the opposite.

I haven't seen any other complaints, at least yet, with the S7 or S7 Edge. I have the S6, and I have never had an issue but I heard there were issues.
    Did you get your replacement at the same Verizon store you got the original from? If so it's very possible it's the BATCH they got in.
    Maybe call up and tell them to hold one for you when a new batch comes in. I have seen this before where there is problem with an entire shipment,
    Hope that helps a bit
    04-20-2016 11:22 PM
    I haven't seen any other complaints, at least yet, with the S7 or S7 Edge. I have the S6, and I have never had an issue but I heard there were issues.
    Did you get your replacement at the same Verizon store you got the original from? If so it's very possible it's the BATCH they got in.
    Maybe call up and tell them to hold one for you when a new batch comes in. I have seen this before where there is problem with an entire shipment,
    Hope that helps a bit
    Different location. The first came from Verizon online, the second came from my local Verizon store.

This second one actually rattles if I shake the phone. Thankfully, it doesn't effect usability at all, but my fear is that it may down the road. Not to mention, it makes it feel pretty chinsy.

I'll give Verizon a call again tomorrow and see what they recommend.
    04-20-2016 11:26 PM
    Different location. The first came from Verizon online, the second came from my local Verizon store.

This second one actually rattles if I shake the phone. Thankfully, it doesn't effect usability at all, but my fear is that it may down the road. Not to mention, it makes it feel pretty chinsy.

I'll give Verizon a call again tomorrow and see what they recommend.
    Frankly I would just keep swapping them out until you get one that works
    and has a button that isn't loose
    04-21-2016 12:38 AM
    Mine is solid but if yours rattles then I would get a replacement
    04-21-2016 04:23 AM

I have the same problem .. it kills me a little inside when I feel it shift up
    05-20-2016 09:06 PM