Install apps directly to sd card

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had my GS7 for less than a week. Learned a lot, enjoying it greatly.

Figured out how to move apps to sd card, if necessary and permitted. Cannot figure out how to install an app from Google Play directly to the sd card.

Look forward to your help. Thanks.

yvsmadhav

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to install apps directly to the sd card without rooting? If there is any such way, without the use of any app, I am interested.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a Droid Turbo 2 before I bought my S7E...after the Marshmallow update, I had adaptive storage feature. If you reformat your Micro SD as adaptive storage, the device treats your built in storage and Micro SD as one. All apps and music etc..spread across the combination of the two.

I have a 128GB card so after formating to adaptive storage...I had 150GB.

Great feature, because you don't have to manually move anything.

This is a feature of Marshmallow, not of the Turbo2.

For some reason..Samsung decided to not enable this feature.

Maybe they will turn it on on a future uldate.

In the meantime, I manually move rarely used apps to the Micro SD card, and obviously music gets stored there automatically.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Only way is adoptable storage which Samsung disabled :( Samsung believe that people prefer to take their micro sd card out to share files. I personally think they should've given people option the fact that their s7 and s7 edge only comes with 32gb. That's not much space especially for those that install tons of apps and games. The Adoptable storage can combine both making the phone as one big storage. If people want to share files I can't see why they can't just connect the entire phone as a usb device. I really believe the real reason why Samsung has choose this path is because of speed access. If the micro sd card is slow it's going to affect the phone performance. So you'll need a faster read and write micro sd to make it more reliable and efficient.

Last edited:

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw the instructions but I also heard some people are having issue with their camera in results of this tweak.