Another Newbie Question - Battery Optimizer

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I installed DU Battery Saver, which has some other tools with it. I also installed DU Speed Booster.

Are apps like this necessary, or even useful/safe???

Thanks.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So, the novice that I am can presume that optimization tools are really not necessary. Correct?

Just uninstall any of the "optimizer tools" you may have and even the default installed Lookout, the Anti-Virus are not needed unless you are the kind of just download piracy or APKs outside of Play Store, and the "optimizers" are not needed at all on Android, plus Marshmallow has the Battery optimizer called Doze baked into the OS.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Just uninstall any of the "optimizer tools" you may have and even the default installed Lookout, the Anti-Virus are not needed unless you are the kind of just download piracy or APKs outside of Play Store, and the "optimizers" are not needed at all on Android, plus Marshmallow has the Battery optimizer called Doze baked into the OS.

Thanks, erasat. I will take your advice, and teeitupmo's, and uninstall optimizers and lookout. I guess that means that I should uninstall the Bitdefender AV that I installed, too. ???

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, erasat. I will take your advice, and teeitupmo's, and uninstall optimizers and lookout. I guess that means that I should uninstall the Bitdefender AV that I installed, too. ???

Again, I never use or recommend using Antivirus apps, BUT, if you think you are going to be downloading files from everywhere and installing external APKs then you better leave something in there to protect your phone. But definitely even in worst case scenario you don't need more than one app for that.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Antivirus apps (one of them) should be instlled. Also Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. "Battery optimizers" and "memory managers" (apps that kill "unused" apps in RAM) should never be installed, and I'd be suspicious of any apps written by the same companies. Optimizing the battery and memory usage are Windows things - writing apps to do that on Android just shows that the developer doesn't understand Android.