S7 Edge Regret

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
0f711a09ab2f5213443eaba5e217941f.jpg

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The matte doesn't have any glare or reflections. Would use this on the back of a phone that is dull like an iPhone or back of iPad etc. If you have a glossy phone like the gold edge I would recommend the glossy so it doesn't hide the beauty of it. The matte still looks good but dulls it down. Never bought the case version because I always just use the skin. It's designed if you want to add a case that wraps slightly around the screen. I would go with the glossy screen though otherwise you will lose some crispness of text with the matte and you're finger won't glide as good over the screen. The matte back woukd give your glossy phone more of a pearl effect. The glossy back would make it look like there is no skin on.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Also the matte gives the screen a fuzzy effect. I put the matte on my silver to cut down the finger prints and removed it because it lowered the screen quality.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So much screen protector drama in this thread.

How are you guys scratching your screens? Just curious, haven't been able to do this over the years of using a smartphone. I guess I don't use the phone much at the beach.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I have a smartphone since 2008 when the iPhone 3G came our. Have never scratched a screen.

My S7E is precious though. At $350 to replace the display, I want to be extra careful until I get used to handling the curve screen.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So much screen protector drama in this thread.

How are you guys scratching your screens? Just curious, haven't been able to do this over the years of using a smartphone. I guess I don't use the phone much at the beach.

I don't go to the beach AT ALL and can see very fine micro scratches on my 6p. Probably just a matter of time before a few show up on my S7e.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Why do idiots comment such rubbish... If you think these screens are unscratchable your a fool. I baby all my devices and it's easy to scratch even doing so.
As for Asanine I am not returning it.. Read wot was posted.... It stated once there's a scratch on this unit I will pass it on as it will **** me off too much to keep... Then I'll spend MY hard earned cash to purchase something else

I made a perfectly courteous comment about how do people abuse their phones enough to require a screen protector. Your response is to call me an ***** and a fool. I'll let everyone else judge who those words should be used concerning.

Posted via the Android Central App

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There's no abuse needed to cause damage to a screen. All it takes is one grain of sand, quartz dust, or concrete dust to scratch your screen into oblivion.

Take a look at Mohs Hardness Scale when you have an opportunity. You'll notice that most materials we come in contact have a higher hardness rating over glass. Those materials, when in contact with glass, will scratch and damage your device.

I'll keep a $7 screen protector on my phone so when I go to re sell it I'll get top dollar for it.

All I know is that in the 4 years I've been using smartphones, I've never had my screen scratched and I've never used the screen protector. If your experience is different, then I totally agree, get the screen protector. But since my experience is to never have had a screen scratched, I prefer the convenience of leaving it bare.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with using a screen protector. Also nothing wrong with not using a screen protector. It's a personal preference and often based on what a users past experience has been with prior devices and screen scratches and wanting to provide added protection to a big investment.

Let's keep the conversation civil and respect each other's opinions - no need for direct or implied name calling.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My only regret applies to the S7 as well: The phone is too fragile and too slippery. This is the first phone I've felt the need to put a case on. The one positive to that is that even a thin TPU case completely eliminates unintended touches of the edge.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
My only regret applies to the S7 as well: The phone is too fragile and too slippery. This is the first phone I've felt the need to put a case on. The one positive to that is that even a thin TPU case completely eliminates unintended touches of the edge.

Why do you say it is too fragile?

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Still no regrets for getting the Edge. The only inconvenience for me was finding a TGSP & case combo that works well. It's good now though. I have a GPEL TGSP & the Samsung OEM leather case. Great combo.

The reason I use a screen protector is not b/c I'm afraid of getting my screen scratched but b/c I'm afraid of having it crack if I ever drop my phone on its screen. I've done that before & my TGSP saved the screen underneath.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn