04-30-2016 06:42 AM
66 123
tools
    There's no abuse needed to cause damage to a screen. All it takes is one grain of sand, quartz dust, or concrete dust to scratch your screen into oblivion.

Take a look at Mohs Hardness Scale when you have an opportunity. You'll notice that most materials we come in contact have a higher hardness rating over glass. Those materials, when in contact with glass, will scratch and damage your device.

I'll keep a $7 screen protector on my phone so when I go to re sell it I'll get top dollar for it.
    All I know is that in the 4 years I've been using smartphones, I've never had my screen scratched and I've never used the screen protector. If your experience is different, then I totally agree, get the screen protector. But since my experience is to never have had a screen scratched, I prefer the convenience of leaving it bare.

Posted via the Android Central App
    teeitupmo#WN likes this.
    04-23-2016 06:02 AM
    Nothing wrong with using a screen protector. Also nothing wrong with not using a screen protector. It's a personal preference and often based on what a users past experience has been with prior devices and screen scratches and wanting to provide added protection to a big investment.

Let's keep the conversation civil and respect each other's opinions - no need for direct or implied name calling.
    04-23-2016 10:36 AM
    I just haven't got a screen protector.

Posted via S7 edge šŸ˜
    04-23-2016 11:43 AM
    My only regret applies to the S7 as well: The phone is too fragile and too slippery. This is the first phone I've felt the need to put a case on. The one positive to that is that even a thin TPU case completely eliminates unintended touches of the edge.
    04-24-2016 12:17 PM
    My only regret applies to the S7 as well: The phone is too fragile and too slippery. This is the first phone I've felt the need to put a case on. The one positive to that is that even a thin TPU case completely eliminates unintended touches of the edge.
    Why do you say it is too fragile?
    04-24-2016 01:26 PM
    Why do you say it is too fragile?
    Probably due to all of the threads and reports about cracked devices.
    04-24-2016 06:23 PM
    Several million sold, less than a hundred complaints in the threads and you consider this a problem?
    04-24-2016 07:11 PM
    Several million sold, less than a hundred complaints in the threads and you consider this a problem?
    Me? Absolutely not. Such a small percentage of defective devices vs. devices sold.
    04-24-2016 08:01 PM
    Still no regrets for getting the Edge. The only inconvenience for me was finding a TGSP & case combo that works well. It's good now though. I have a GPEL TGSP & the Samsung OEM leather case. Great combo.

The reason I use a screen protector is not b/c I'm afraid of getting my screen scratched but b/c I'm afraid of having it crack if I ever drop my phone on its screen. I've done that before & my TGSP saved the screen underneath.
    04-24-2016 08:16 PM
    Any pics with that screen protector on?

Sent from my Adamantiumā„¢ S7 edge
    04-24-2016 08:24 PM
    Let's be realistic. Glass is glass, and glass is fragile. A glass back is far more likely to break than a plastic or aluminum one. And the back isn't even Gorilla Glass. I've dropped my previous phones multiple times with nothing more than a few scratches. I wouldn't want to put the GS7 through that treatment without a case.

And I'm pretty sure that most of those millions who bought an S7 aren't on this forum, so your statistical analysis is totally meaningless.
    04-24-2016 08:51 PM
    There's no abuse needed to cause damage to a screen. All it takes is one grain of sand, quartz dust, or concrete dust to scratch your screen into oblivion.

Take a look at Mohs Hardness Scale when you have an opportunity. You'll notice that most materials we come in contact have a higher hardness rating over glass. Those materials, when in contact with glass, will scratch and damage your device.

I'll keep a $7 screen protector on my phone so when I go to re sell it I'll get top dollar for it.
    Not me, I use all my phones naked - I figure I'm the one that paid top dollar for it so I should be the one that gets to enjoy how the screen was meant to look and feel like and not let whoever I sell it to at a later date enjoy it for half the price that I paid LOL
    04-24-2016 11:35 PM
    Yes glass is fragile to some degree but a dropped and dented aluminium phone can look just as bad.

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on here as to the S7 Edge's fragility compared to other devices.

Show me a phone that won't crack/scratch/scrape/dent when you drop it.
    04-25-2016 06:00 AM
    Let's be realistic. Glass is glass, and glass is fragile. A glass back is far more likely to break than a plastic or aluminum one. And the back isn't even Gorilla Glass. I've dropped my previous phones multiple times with nothing more than a few scratches. I wouldn't want to put the GS7 through that treatment without a case.

And I'm pretty sure that most of those millions who bought an S7 aren't on this forum, so your statistical analysis is totally meaningless.
    LOL I love it that there is this whole mob of people trying desperately to convince owners of this phone why they shouldn't like it.

LanceAllan likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:14 AM
    I made a perfectly courteous comment about how do people abuse their phones enough to require a screen protector. Your response is to call me an ***** and a fool. I'll let everyone else judge who those words should be used concerning.

Asanine? Oh yeah
    04-30-2016 06:37 AM
    LOL I love it that there is this whole mob of people trying desperately to convince owners of this phone why they shouldn't like it.

Who's telling others not to like it here?
    My original statement was asking others opinion as apposed to mine.. The phone is awesome but here in the UK it's impossible to find a good screen protector for ME to use... Period!
    04-30-2016 06:42 AM
66 123