Contact created on phone does not sync to O365 Outlook

stenrick

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
My contacts have synced correctly from the cloud to my phone. However a contact that I created in the Outlook contacts on my phone is not syncing back up to the cloud?

No flames please - I did try and search but sample size was huge and not on point.

stenrick

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Let me edit this - nothing created on my phone - contacts or calendar items are syncing to the cloud. Stuff I create in the cloud come down automatically.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Open Contacts. Open the first contact you want synced. On the first dropdown, what kind of contact is it? (Only Google contacts get synced.) If your contacts aren't Google contacts, Menu/Import/Export, export. Then import the exported file, but assign them to your Google account.

Google contacts sync, others do not.

stenrick

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So to clarify - Outlook contacts and calendar items that I create in the cloud are syncing to the phone dynamically. However you are saying that new contact & calendar additions or modifications created on the phone will not sync back up to the cloud? Effectively making this a one way connection? Damn had I know that I would not have bought the phone.

Are there any 3d party solutions?

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue with creating a Google contact. Took me forever to figure it out, but it was a simple fix. When creating a new contact on the phone, make sure the drop down in the upper left hand corner is set to your service, and not 'Device' or 'SIM'. I just came from iPhone, and figured if you turn 'sync' on, it syncs no matter what. Hope that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay