New to Android/. Need help transferring photos.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
A long time iPhone user, I finally switched to the S7 Edge, so I'm very much an Android novice. I'm also not familiar with using the Cloud. As a result, when I connected the two phones together to transfer all my data from my iPhone to the new S7E, all my pictures came over as well. I have over 2,000 pictures between my phone and the Cloud. I'll warrant a guess that probably 90% or better are "whim shots", photos taken for reasons that were very shortlived, that are now unneeded. I need the most expedient way to delete mass quantities of photos at once. I don't have time to open and view each picture. I need a page of thumbnails that will let me click and delete multiple files at a time. Can someone please point me in the right direction??

I'm loving my new phone, but my Cloud keeps notifying me that there's no room to back up. I do have an SD card installed, but I have no means of even visually managing the photos from the phone to the card. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

RPYee

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not on an Android. Can you do it on iCloud? Delete all the pictures on the S7, delete the unwanted ones on iCloud, them import all that's left.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure which cloud service you're using, but if you have transferred the files to your phone, you can watch them all in thumbnail form in the phone's Gallery app or if you use Google Photos, then that app as well.

You can also connect the phone to a computer and be able to view the files (and manage them) just like you would a folder in your computer. Transfer, delete, copy, etc. in the same way.

EDIT: Just read the above reply and I guess you are using iCloud. Well, since there's no direct connection between an Android phone and iCloud, you can't manage it from the phone, BUT you can manage it from the iCloud webpage (which you can open on an Android phone if you 'request' the Desktop Version in your browser of choice). My above reply would only work on the phone's local files.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I am not using iCloud, but am using Verizon Cloud. I logged into that and deleted a bunch of pictures, but when I went back to my phone, they were there. I guess I need to delete them from the phone first. I want to manage them by connecting the phone to a computer and using the file manager I'm used to. At some point I told the USB port on my phone to only be used for charging and now I can't figure out how to get it back to at least prompting me. I read somewhere that, when I plug in to the PC, to hold the charging icon and it should take me back to the prompt, but it doesn't. It takes me to the System UI interface that has notification options, nothing to do with the USB designation.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
SOLVED!!

I finally got online with Samsung support and chatted with them. Turns out, I was connecting the phone to the PC using an incompatible microUSB cord. As soon as I changed cords, I was given the options in the drop down that weren't previously there and am now able to manage my files via the computer. Hope my fix helps someone else!!

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Download Google Photos in IOS and upload or sync it. Then simply download the same S7 edge. Other option is using Samsung Smart Switch.

Posted via the Android Central App