Change USB options

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Verizon S7 Edge MM

I've designated the USB as "Charging only" and now I cannot find where to access the other options to change it. :(

HELP!!!

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
When you plug the phone into a computer, there is a notification that appears that says "USB for Charging only" or something similar...click on that notification and it will allow you to change over to a different protocol like MTP or other choices.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
When you plug the phone into a computer, there is a notification that appears that says "USB for Charging only" or something similar...click on that notification and it will allow you to change over to a different protocol like MTP or other choices.

The only message in the notification shade was "Charging". Tapping on it only took me to System info.

rpyee

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
SOLVED!!

I finally got online with Samsung support and chatted with them. Turns out, I was connecting the phone to the PC using an incompatible microUSB cord. As soon as I changed cords, I was given the options in the notification shade that weren't previously there and am now able to manage my files via the computer. Hope my fix helps someone else!!