I've noticed only a few amount of my contacts show a picture of themselves. Is this feature not available with the s7?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2016 03:12 AM
    You have to go into settings-accounts-facebook and sync with phone.
    04-23-2016 05:31 AM
    I thought they had disabled that functionality?

The only thing I have disabled in Facebook is the continuous contact upload but it's still listed as disabled for the whole thing and nothing I seem to do links the contacts of people with their Facebook profile like I had on my HTC.

Not the end of the world but annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Does contacts no longer show fb contacts?-1474.jpg  
    04-23-2016 07:06 AM
    It has been disabled for a while now on the android platform. Seems there is a spat between Google and Facebook over what information is shared, so the contact sync was disabled.
    04-23-2016 08:13 AM
    yep, fb doesn't have this capability anymore.
    04-23-2016 10:02 AM
    Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't allow contact syncing anymore. I didn't realize it until I was setting up my S7 and tried to figure out why my Facebook contacts were no longer in my Contacts, so had to Google it. So ridiculous! I had to manually add each Facebook contact with the info. from my S3 and then I installed an app that will update their photos with their Facebook photos each day. It is called Social Contact Photo Sync and works with Facebook as well as a bunch of other networks (some of which I have never heard of before), including LinkedIn, WhatsApp, and Instagram. The only downside is that because of Facebook not allowing the sync, you have to manually add each contact in the app via their Facebook ID (found in the URL of their profile page). Thankfully, I only keep family and real friends on my personal Facebook account, so had less than 100 profiles to add - it still took a while, though! Worth it, IMO, but I have to remember to add any new Facebook friends in the app ... which I just realized I need to do with a new one from a day ago.
    04-23-2016 06:29 PM