So I got the S7 Edge. Has been working flawlessly. 2 Weeks ago I had an accidental drop on floor with tiles, but it was just from aprox. 25cm. It was laying on a small box and slipped down, landed on the bottom corner (back-side) and got a MINOR crack in the back left corner. No problem with the phone, just a small crack in the back glass.

Fast forward 2 weeks of continues use without any issues. I'm watching a youtube video, like I so often do.. Suddenly the screen starts flickering and only aprox. 15% of the screen is showing something.. still with flickering. I thought it was an issue with the youtube app crashing, so I tried closing all apps.. Didn't work.. I tried turning on/off. still only 15% of the screen was showing with heavy flickering.. After 20 seconds or so, the screen turned completely black.. Phone was still on, can still press buttons to hear sounds and all. The back+windows button still turn on when clicking home button/power.. I then tried a hard-restart but the screen simply wont turn back on.

I bought it online and they told me to go to a Samsung repair-center, where it MIGHT be covered under warrenty.. Now since it has that small crack in the glass, I am a bit nervous that they will just say "well look. u damaged it.. that's why it's not working. warrenty doesnt cover"..

Any experience with this? I highly doubt that the tiny drop had anything to do with it. Ive dropped my last galaxy+iphones from way higher distances with no failure like this ever happening.
    04-23-2016 07:41 AM
    When you said your bought online, where exactly did you buy the phone?

In general the phone is pretty durable. Surprised it cracked.

I am very careful with my devices, but my S7E had an accident fall from about 4 feet (bathroom window) on my 3rd day of ownership. It was fine.

If you bought the phone from a carrier website online, then you can take it into your local carrier and they can do the warranty work.

Otherwise, you will have to send to Samsung.

Good luck.
    04-23-2016 07:53 AM
    Yeah I bought it online with a contract. When I went to the store they said to the it to the Samsung Repair Center (in the city).

I am just kind of worried they will blame the visible crack for being the reason to why the screen won't work - even if its unrelated? What should I do in this case? Here in Germany the first 6 months of warranty, they have to prove it's not the phones fault - so it seems like an easy way out to just say it's because it was dropped.. ?
    04-23-2016 08:29 AM