05-05-2016 01:36 AM
77 1234
tools
    An hour-and-a-half later, without a case on, the phone has charged to only 72%. I think it is a rate of 1% per 2 minutes, so double the time one of you said you were getting. Gonna chat with Amazon tomorrow about an exchange....
    04-24-2016 02:29 AM
    Yeah, but does not take over four hours (from 5% left)? It even states that it will only take two hours and nineteen minutes at the beginning of the charge, the lying phone!
    I don't get the 1% per minute that some are claiming on a wireless charger, although I do get that on my wired fast charger. In fact, whst I get on my wireless charger is roughly the same as what you said your phone predicts it will take , even though it's obviously taking much longer than that for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2016 06:14 AM
    Hm maybe it's the stand that has an issue. I use this one and it goes pretty fast for wireless charging.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-1461497525537.jpg  
    04-24-2016 06:32 AM
    I have the official Samsung one from amazon as well. Mine definitely charges much faster than yours. It is pretty close to the speed of the wired fast charger.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    04-24-2016 10:03 AM
    The only Yootech one on Amazon is a flat puck, not a stand. I need a stand because I use the phone as my bedside clock and can't see the time on the screen if it is flat.
    That's what I get for trying to read on the phone! Didn't see that you are using the stand type.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    04-24-2016 10:57 AM
    OK I just timed mine from 5% to full.... Galaxy s7 edge in a spigen neo hybrid case, Samsung wireless stand fast charger... Timed on s2 stopwatch 1 hour 49 minutes 9 seconds.... So 109 minutes for 95 percent charge through case with phone on, bluetooth on, WiFi on, 2 apps updated and I woke screen a couple of times to check status... Not quite 1% a minute but pretty close... Not sure I could shave some time with phone off and no case but this seems pretty quick to me and obviously quite a bit faster than what you are seeing

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    KoukiFC3S and Bag of Leaves like this.
    04-24-2016 11:44 AM
    I just got the phone last week, so am doing the first few charges from 5% or less.
    No point to doing that. Li batteries don't need to be "conditioned." In fact, deep discharging isn't good for Li batteries.
    04-24-2016 12:21 PM
    Have you tried powering off the phone, and setting it to charge on the stand? It will charge while off, and if the speed appears to be different, the issue may be with something utilizing the battery heavily while on.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-24-2016 01:59 PM
    OK I just timed mine from 5% to full.... Galaxy s7 edge in a spigen neo hybrid case, Samsung wireless stand fast charger... Timed on s2 stopwatch 1 hour 49 minutes 9 seconds.... So 109 minutes for 95 percent charge through case with phone on, bluetooth on, WiFi on, 2 apps updated and I woke screen a couple of times to check status... Not quite 1% a minute but pretty close... Not sure I could shave some time with phone off and no case but this seems pretty quick to me and obviously quite a bit faster than what you are seeing

Lance, whats your battery life like on the phone if you are connecting the s2 via blue tooth. I am getting about 14 hours or less, but according to gsam battery bluetooth is less than 2 % usage. For the past week, Ive not connected the s2 via blue tooth and Im over 24 hours of battery time.
    04-25-2016 08:36 AM
    i've only been using the s2 since friday so i don't have great data yet but i was at 18 hours on saturday... today should be a good test, i'll update over the next couple days
    04-25-2016 09:24 AM
    The only Yootech one on Amazon is a flat puck, not a stand. I need a stand because I use the phone as my bedside clock and can't see the time on the screen if it is flat.
    On a side note to this, you could use the nighttime edge clock to see the time when the phone is flat if you wanted.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:20 AM
    I know its probably not the case but are you using a QC 2.0 Adaptive Fast Charger or the charger that came with the S7 , not just a off the wall charger?
    04-25-2016 12:21 PM
    Have you tried powering off the phone, and setting it to charge on the stand? It will charge while off, and if the speed appears to be different, the issue may be with something utilizing the battery heavily while on.
    Good idea; I will try that!
    04-25-2016 08:16 PM
    On a side note to this, you could use the nighttime edge clock to see the time when the phone is flat if you wanted.
    I need it bigger than that, as I flip up one side of my eye mask real quick to see what the time is. The Always-On that I have it set to has large digits for the time so I don't have to wait much for my eyes to adjust to the light. I have to wear the eye mask for health reasons.
    04-25-2016 08:22 PM
    Dude did you enable fast wireless charging ?

It's an option you can turn off or on - go to settings - battery and you'll see at the bottom an option to turn fast cable charging and fast wireless charging on or off...

Please check that out .

Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-disable_fast_charging.jpg
    04-26-2016 10:47 AM
    My husband bought 2 off ebay and in the title they said fast chargers but than he got them and they weren't. Company advertising false stuff and they wouldn't give him a refund and said he had to pay to ship it back or they would knock 40% off and than ebay stepped in and he got a full refund and ordered fast ones from someone else.

Just wondering...
    1) Where did you get your Wireless Fast Charger stand?
    2) Does the stand specifically say 'Fast Charge"?
    3) More importantly, does the power supply t say 5v w/ 1amp and 2 amp.....or is it 9v and 5v.

If you bought it on EBay...there are a lot of vendors selling 'Fast Chargers' but it does not say Fast Charge on the stand. ANd a lot sell ones that say 'Fast Charger' but the power supply is only the 5v 2amp.
    Essentually...there is
    Wireless charge w/ 5v 1amp suplly
    Fast charge (For the S6/ s6+) w/ 5v 2amp supply
    Latest Fast Charge (for the S6 Edge+/S7/S7) w/ 5v/9v supply.

Only the stands that say Fast Charge AND have the 9v supply will truely give you fast charging.

My guess...your wired is a 9v supply but your wireless is the 5v/2amp version
    I do not know if you can use the stand that says fast charge that came with the 5v/2a supply with the 5v/9v..but you can try. Just watch the heat to find out. The Latest Fast Chargers (with the 5v/9v supply) has a small fan in the base to keep it cooler.

Hope that helps.
    04-26-2016 11:25 AM
    Lance, whats your battery life like on the phone if you are connecting the s2 via blue tooth. I am getting about 14 hours or less, but according to gsam battery bluetooth is less than 2 % usage. For the past week, Ive not connected the s2 via blue tooth and Im over 24 hours of battery time.
    Battery life is still looking good after adding the s2 to the lineup

Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-4181.jpg  
    04-26-2016 07:23 PM
    Battery life is still looking good after adding the s2 to the lineup

Thanks, I guess its just me, but with the S2 connected I really am at 15hrs battery on the phone. Close to 40 hours without the S2. I do have Shealth, maybe I could try turning that off.
    04-27-2016 08:00 AM
    Dude did you enable fast wireless charging ?

It's an option you can turn off or on - go to settings - battery and you'll see at the bottom an option to turn fast cable charging and fast wireless charging on or off...

Please check that out .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disable_fast_charging.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	225705
    Dude, did you read any of the thread, starting with the very first post, which would have answered this question?
    04-27-2016 03:59 PM
    My husband bought 2 off ebay and in the title they said fast chargers but than he got them and they weren't. Company advertising false stuff and they wouldn't give him a refund and said he had to pay to ship it back or they would knock 40% off and than ebay stepped in and he got a full refund and ordered fast ones from someone else.
    Wow, that's terrible! Glad eBay helped and got you the full refund!
    04-27-2016 04:01 PM
    I turned the phone off and charged it wirelessly, as suggested, and it was slightly faster, but still not nearly 1% per minute. Definitely going to exchange this stand for a new one!
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-27-2016 04:03 PM
    I turned the phone off and charged it wirelessly, as suggested, and it was slightly faster, but still not nearly 1% per minute. Definitely going to exchange this stand for a new one!

yeah.. hopefully you got a dud the first time... I hope you get luckier this time
    04-27-2016 04:07 PM
    yeah.. hopefully you got a dud the first time... I hope you get luckier this time
    Hopefully! Thanks!
    04-27-2016 04:08 PM
    I get much better charging times with my Samsung fast charge stand vs my 2 flat Samsung fast chargers...

Posted via the Android Central App
    LanceAllan and Bag of Leaves like this.
    04-27-2016 10:37 PM
    Go to settings and make sure you have fast wireless charging set on.
    04-27-2016 10:40 PM
77 1234