05-05-2016 01:36 AM
77 1234
tools
    Go to settings and make sure you have fast wireless charging set on.
    Yea, why from time to time does this get turned off?? I found numerous times it was switched off and I never went into those settings.. Very strange..
    04-28-2016 05:03 PM
    No it doesn't take much time my wireless charging takes only two hours
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    04-29-2016 02:36 AM
    I don't have "fast wireless charging" as an option in settings... only wired. I also just realized that the wireless puck ATT sold me is not of the fast charging type :-( , so i'm going to try to return.

Would the option only show if you had the correct stand/puck (doubtful)? Any ideas why I don't have the setting?
    04-29-2016 09:42 AM
    Might want to see why that setting isn't in your phone when you return the puck... It should be

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-4244.jpg  
    Shakira Jane likes this.
    04-29-2016 11:04 AM
    Go to settings and make sure you have fast wireless charging set on.
    LOL, you're funny! As stated many times in this thread, including the first post, it is turned on and when charging, states it is fast charging with the amount of time left under it (on the lock screen).
    Shakira Jane likes this.
    04-29-2016 02:24 PM
    Yea, why from time to time does this get turned off?? I found numerous times it was switched off and I never went into those settings.. Very strange..
    I haven't had that happen. Do you have any apps that might be turning it off on you, like an app that changes settings per your location? (The built-in ones that do that I haven't seen the option to change the charge type, but I guess there could be a third-party app that does.)
    04-29-2016 02:26 PM
    I don't have "fast wireless charging" as an option in settings... only wired. I also just realized that the wireless puck ATT sold me is not of the fast charging type :-( , so i'm going to try to return.

Would the option only show if you had the correct stand/puck (doubtful)? Any ideas why I don't have the setting?
    Well that's really weird! No, it doesn't know whether or not you have a wireless charger, as the setting was on my phone before I used my wireless charger on it (plugged it in wired charge when I first got it). It is also listed in the "Accessories" setting area, but I don't know if that happened after I used it or not, as I don't know if watches and fitness trackers also show up in there (I don't use any).
    04-29-2016 02:30 PM
    I just got the new wireless stand from Amazon and tried it for just ten minutes because I want to use my phone right now. (Am currently updating to the new OS version, though, to see if it effects the charging.) While it was slightly faster in those ten minutes and it posted the correct time until fully charged based off of that, it still isn't 2% a minute. It was 6% in about 10 minutes (didn't use a stop-watch). I think my next step will be to contact Samsung and see what they say about the rate of charging. I did happen to note yesterday that several other Amazon reviews state 3-4 hours charge time - hmm!
    04-29-2016 02:38 PM
    if you follow the math in my post i was getting just under 1% a minute... if you can get a full charge in around 2 hours i would say you are good (2% a minute would rock though)
    04-29-2016 02:56 PM
    if you follow the math in my post i was getting just under 1% a minute... if you can get a full charge in around 2 hours i would say you are good (2% a minute would rock though)
    Funny, I actually wrote 1%, but then re-thought it thinking that was wrong. Too many things to keep track of in my head! Let's see, when the charge was at 60% (after the ten minutes), it said it would be 1 hr. 4 min. until fully charged. Definitely not near ~40 minutes for that 40% left.
    04-29-2016 03:05 PM
    well seems better than the 4 hours you where seeing before... fwiw
    Shakira Jane likes this.
    04-29-2016 03:15 PM
    The 4 hours was from 5%, so if it is an hour from 60%, it probably is, what, 2.5 hrs. for a full charge? Definitely better! Now that my OS is updated to the new one that came out today, I will try it again to see if there's any difference.
    04-29-2016 04:01 PM

After I got my replacement (for SD card notification issue), the setting to turn off fast wireless charging was missing as well. The toggle for fast wired charging was there. After I put it on the fast wireless charger for a second to make sure it worked the setting mysteriously appeared in the settings menu. Not sure if that's by design, or not.
    04-29-2016 07:50 PM
    After I got my replacement (for SD card notification issue), the setting to turn off fast wireless charging was missing as well. The toggle for fast wired charging was there. After I put it on the fast wireless charger for a second to make sure it worked the setting mysteriously appeared in the settings menu. Not sure if that's by design, or not.
    Interesting

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    04-29-2016 08:18 PM
    Okay, maybe something is wrong with my phone? I used it down to 13%, so put it on the (new) wireless stand and it calculated that it would be charged in nearly 2.5 hrs., which is what my estimate based on the trials yesterday were. I took note of what time that would be and checked it about ten minutes prior - and it was only 60% charged! Now, an hour later, so at 3.5 hours into charging, it is 85% charged. The only other thing I can think of is faulty wiring to the socket I plugged it into (different than yesterday), so tomorrow will try a different one, just in case. I more often than not used this socket to charge my S3 wired, but of course that didn't have Fast Charging. I am pretty sure that it charged slowly (old stand) on the other socket I normally use, too, but I honestly can't be 100% certain about that as I didn't start keeping track of the time when I used it.

I am a little annoyed right now! (And remember, when I tried it with the previous wireless charger while the phone was shut off, it still was slow, only a little faster than when the phone was on, so I don't think it is an app drain or anything.)
    04-30-2016 04:30 AM
    Okay, maybe something is wrong with my phone? I used it down to 13%, so put it on the (new) wireless stand and it calculated that it would be charged in nearly 2.5 hrs., which is what my estimate based on the trials yesterday were. I took note of what time that would be and checked it about ten minutes prior - and it was only 60% charged! Now, an hour later, so at 3.5 hours into charging, it is 85% charged. The only other thing I can think of is faulty wiring to the socket I plugged it into (different than yesterday), so tomorrow will try a different one, just in case. I more often than not used this socket to charge my S3 wired, but of course that didn't have Fast Charging. I am pretty sure that it charged slowly (old stand) on the other socket I normally use, too, but I honestly can't be 100% certain about that as I didn't start keeping track of the time when I used it.

I am a little annoyed right now! (And remember, when I tried it with the previous wireless charger while the phone was shut off, it still was slow, only a little faster than when the phone was on, so I don't think it is an app drain or anything.)
    If I remember .. I will charge my phone later tonight and clock what % I am at for the start .. and then how long it takes me to get to 100% (via the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger -- not the stand the pad).
    04-30-2016 03:05 PM

Starting to think that your battery is bad. I'm sure it happens.
    04-30-2016 06:26 PM
    Be home soon to charge. At 36% right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-1462067296194.jpg  
    04-30-2016 08:48 PM
    Okay official start time.

[edit] And a pic from the gf's iPhone 6S Plus to show it on the pad and to show it says "Fast Wireless Charging" at the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-1462068575793.jpg   Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-img_5020.jpg  
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-30-2016 09:09 PM
    NOOOOOO... I was playing on the computer and got distracted.... So this isn't the exact time it hit 100%. From my last check I'd say it hit 100% around 11:50-11:55.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)-1462076395758.jpg  
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    04-30-2016 11:19 PM
    NOOOOOO... I was playing on the computer and got distracted.... So this isn't the exact time it hit 100%. From my last check I'd say it hit 100% around 11:50-11:55.
    Haha, that definitely happens! I was keeping track of mine this afternoon and missed when it reached 100% by a long time, too. Thanks for doing it, though!

So, I put mine on the wireless stand (plugged into the socket I first tested this new stand on) at 4:19 when it was at 15% (didn't charge it last night). I checked it 42 minutes later and it was at 40%, which is a 25% increase. I next checked it another 24 minutes later (after it had been charging for 66 minutes) and, what?! It had only increased by 8% to be at 48%! I checked it again at 6:53 and it was only at 78%. I missed when it got to 100%. So, I have no idea what is going on!

I get great battery life, BTW.
    05-01-2016 08:37 PM
    Check and make sure you don't have some app sucking power as fast as you can put it in. Recent updates to apps are always suspects because sometimes they fix a problem but create a few new ones - like excessive power consumption. I've been there many times.
    05-02-2016 02:41 PM
    Check and make sure you don't have some app sucking power as fast as you can put it in. Recent updates to apps are always suspects because sometimes they fix a problem but create a few new ones - like excessive power consumption. I've been there many times.
    With the previous charger (the one I exchanged thinking it was not working right), I charged the phone while it was off and it was only slightly faster (as would be expected since the phone wasn't using any battery while off). Also, the battery app said at near 100% that I had almost 24 hours ago battery left, which is great, IMO.
    05-02-2016 03:19 PM
    I have the Samsung wireless charging stand and it charges my S7 edge very quickly (well less than an hour when under 50%)
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Charge...cUvbUpU5158086
    05-03-2016 08:05 AM
    I have the Samsung wireless charging stand and it charges my S7 edge very quickly (well less than an hour when under 50%)
    Amazon.com: Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    That's exactly what I ordered (when I clicked on your link, Amazon even said I bought the item on whatever date it was). I wish mine charged as fast as yours! I need to talk with Samsung about this.
    05-03-2016 06:13 PM
77 1234