Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering...
1) Where did you get your Wireless Fast Charger stand?

Amazon

2) Does the stand specifically say 'Fast Charge"?

Yes. It is Samsung's fast-charge wireless stand.

3) More importantly, does the power supply t say 5v w/ 1amp and 2 amp.....or is it 9v and 5v.

It says 9V and 5V. It is the one that came with the stand and is the same type that came with the phone, including saying "Adaptive Fast Charging" on top of the plug.

If you bought it on EBay...there are a lot of vendors selling 'Fast Chargers' but it does not say Fast Charge on the stand. ANd a lot sell ones that say 'Fast Charger' but the power supply is only the 5v 2amp.
Essentually...there is
Wireless charge w/ 5v 1amp suplly
Fast charge (For the S6/ s6+) w/ 5v 2amp supply
Latest Fast Charge (for the S6 Edge+/S7/S7) w/ 5v/9v supply.

Only the stands that say Fast Charge AND have the 9v supply will truely give you fast charging.

My guess...your wired is a 9v supply but your wireless is the 5v/2amp version
I do not know if you can use the stand that says fast charge that came with the 5v/2a supply with the 5v/9v..but you can try. Just watch the heat to find out. The Latest Fast Chargers (with the 5v/9v supply) has a small fan in the base to keep it cooler.

Hope that helps.

It is a fast charge stand, with fan, with the correct plug. The box had the Samsung hologram sticker on it, too.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
An hour-and-a-half later, without a case on, the phone has charged to only 72%. I think it is a rate of 1% per 2 minutes, so double the time one of you said you were getting. Gonna chat with Amazon tomorrow about an exchange.... :(

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but does not take over four hours (from 5% left)? It even states that it will only take two hours and nineteen minutes at the beginning of the charge, the lying phone!

I don't get the 1% per minute that some are claiming on a wireless charger, although I do get that on my wired fast charger. In fact, whst I get on my wireless charger is roughly the same as what you said your phone predicts it will take , even though it's obviously taking much longer than that for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm maybe it's the stand that has an issue. I use this one and it goes pretty fast for wireless charging.

Attachments

• 1461497525537.jpg
    1461497525537.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 29

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the official Samsung one from amazon as well. Mine definitely charges much faster than yours. It is pretty close to the speed of the wired fast charger.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
OK I just timed mine from 5% to full.... Galaxy s7 edge in a spigen neo hybrid case, Samsung wireless stand fast charger... Timed on s2 stopwatch ;) 1 hour 49 minutes 9 seconds.... So 109 minutes for 95 percent charge through case with phone on, bluetooth on, WiFi on, 2 apps updated and I woke screen a couple of times to check status... Not quite 1% a minute but pretty close... Not sure I could shave some time with phone off and no case but this seems pretty quick to me and obviously quite a bit faster than what you are seeing

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Last edited:

64bit

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried powering off the phone, and setting it to charge on the stand? It will charge while off, and if the speed appears to be different, the issue may be with something utilizing the battery heavily while on.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
OK I just timed mine from 5% to full.... Galaxy s7 edge in a spigen neo hybrid case, Samsung wireless stand fast charger... Timed on s2 stopwatch ;) 1 hour 49 minutes 9 seconds.... So 109 minutes for 95 percent charge through case with phone on, bluetooth on, WiFi on, 2 apps updated and I woke screen a couple of times to check status... Not quite 1% a minute but pretty close... Not sure I could shave some time with phone off and no case but this seems pretty quick to me and obviously quite a bit faster than what you are seeing

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Lance, whats your battery life like on the phone if you are connecting the s2 via blue tooth. I am getting about 14 hours or less, but according to gsam battery bluetooth is less than 2 % usage. For the past week, Ive not connected the s2 via blue tooth and Im over 24 hours of battery time.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
i've only been using the s2 since friday so i don't have great data yet but i was at 18 hours on saturday... today should be a good test, i'll update over the next couple days

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The only Yootech one on Amazon is a flat puck, not a stand. I need a stand because I use the phone as my bedside clock and can't see the time on the screen if it is flat.

On a side note to this, you could use the nighttime edge clock to see the time when the phone is flat if you wanted.

duckdive117

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I know its probably not the case but are you using a QC 2.0 Adaptive Fast Charger or the charger that came with the S7 , not just a off the wall charger?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
On a side note to this, you could use the nighttime edge clock to see the time when the phone is flat if you wanted.

I need it bigger than that, as I flip up one side of my eye mask real quick to see what the time is. The Always-On that I have it set to has large digits for the time so I don't have to wait much for my eyes to adjust to the light. I have to wear the eye mask for health reasons.

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Dude did you enable fast wireless charging ?

It's an option you can turn off or on - go to settings - battery and you'll see at the bottom an option to turn fast cable charging and fast wireless charging on or off...

Please check that out .

disable_fast_charging.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63