Fast Wireless Charging Taking Way Too Long (4+ hrs.)

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
The 4 hours was from 5%, so if it is an hour from 60%, it probably is, what, 2.5 hrs. for a full charge? Definitely better! Now that my OS is updated to the new one that came out today, I will try it again to see if there's any difference.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't have "fast wireless charging" as an option in settings... only wired. I also just realized that the wireless puck ATT sold me is not of the fast charging type :-( , so i'm going to try to return.

Would the option only show if you had the correct stand/puck (doubtful)? Any ideas why I don't have the setting?

After I got my replacement (for SD card notification issue), the setting to turn off fast wireless charging was missing as well. The toggle for fast wired charging was there. After I put it on the fast wireless charger for a second to make sure it worked the setting mysteriously appeared in the settings menu. Not sure if that's by design, or not.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
After I got my replacement (for SD card notification issue), the setting to turn off fast wireless charging was missing as well. The toggle for fast wired charging was there. After I put it on the fast wireless charger for a second to make sure it worked the setting mysteriously appeared in the settings menu. Not sure if that's by design, or not.

Interesting

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Okay, maybe something is wrong with my phone? I used it down to 13%, so put it on the (new) wireless stand and it calculated that it would be charged in nearly 2.5 hrs., which is what my estimate based on the trials yesterday were. I took note of what time that would be and checked it about ten minutes prior - and it was only 60% charged! Now, an hour later, so at 3.5 hours into charging, it is 85% charged. The only other thing I can think of is faulty wiring to the socket I plugged it into (different than yesterday), so tomorrow will try a different one, just in case. I more often than not used this socket to charge my S3 wired, but of course that didn't have Fast Charging. I am pretty sure that it charged slowly (old stand) on the other socket I normally use, too, but I honestly can't be 100% certain about that as I didn't start keeping track of the time when I used it.

I am a little annoyed right now! (And remember, when I tried it with the previous wireless charger while the phone was shut off, it still was slow, only a little faster than when the phone was on, so I don't think it is an app drain or anything.)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, maybe something is wrong with my phone? I used it down to 13%, so put it on the (new) wireless stand and it calculated that it would be charged in nearly 2.5 hrs., which is what my estimate based on the trials yesterday were. I took note of what time that would be and checked it about ten minutes prior - and it was only 60% charged! Now, an hour later, so at 3.5 hours into charging, it is 85% charged. The only other thing I can think of is faulty wiring to the socket I plugged it into (different than yesterday), so tomorrow will try a different one, just in case. I more often than not used this socket to charge my S3 wired, but of course that didn't have Fast Charging. I am pretty sure that it charged slowly (old stand) on the other socket I normally use, too, but I honestly can't be 100% certain about that as I didn't start keeping track of the time when I used it.

I am a little annoyed right now! (And remember, when I tried it with the previous wireless charger while the phone was shut off, it still was slow, only a little faster than when the phone was on, so I don't think it is an app drain or anything.)

If I remember .. I will charge my phone later tonight and clock what % I am at for the start .. and then how long it takes me to get to 100% (via the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger -- not the stand the pad).

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Starting to think that your battery is bad. I'm sure it happens.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay official start time.

[edit] And a pic from the gf's iPhone 6S Plus to show it on the pad and to show it says "Fast Wireless Charging" at the bottom.

Attachments

• 1462068575793.jpg
    1462068575793.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5020.jpg
    IMG_5020.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 18

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
NOOOOOO... I was playing on the computer and got distracted.... So this isn't the exact time it hit 100%. From my last check I'd say it hit 100% around 11:50-11:55.

Attachments

• 1462076395758.jpg
    1462076395758.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 15

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
NOOOOOO... I was playing on the computer and got distracted.... So this isn't the exact time it hit 100%. From my last check I'd say it hit 100% around 11:50-11:55.

Haha, that definitely happens! I was keeping track of mine this afternoon and missed when it reached 100% by a long time, too. :) Thanks for doing it, though!

So, I put mine on the wireless stand (plugged into the socket I first tested this new stand on) at 4:19 when it was at 15% (didn't charge it last night). I checked it 42 minutes later and it was at 40%, which is a 25% increase. I next checked it another 24 minutes later (after it had been charging for 66 minutes) and, what?! It had only increased by 8% to be at 48%! I checked it again at 6:53 and it was only at 78%. I missed when it got to 100%. So, I have no idea what is going on!

I get great battery life, BTW.

tpeter52

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Check and make sure you don't have some app sucking power as fast as you can put it in. Recent updates to apps are always suspects because sometimes they fix a problem but create a few new ones - like excessive power consumption. I've been there many times.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Check and make sure you don't have some app sucking power as fast as you can put it in. Recent updates to apps are always suspects because sometimes they fix a problem but create a few new ones - like excessive power consumption. I've been there many times.

With the previous charger (the one I exchanged thinking it was not working right), I charged the phone while it was off and it was only slightly faster (as would be expected since the phone wasn't using any battery while off). Also, the battery app said at near 100% that I had almost 24 hours ago battery left, which is great, IMO.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech