Can't use Samsung Smartswitch

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and am trying to transfer files to it from my Moto X Pure Edition, but I can't find the app for it on the Moto X in the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jguffey

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue, from was I could tell SmartSwitch is incompatible with the MXP.

Jguffey

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My contacts were backed up to a Gmail account. So that part was easy for me. Had to start from scratch on everything else.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to apkmirror site and see if they have any of the latest Smart Switch versions and sideload it to your Moto X.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
If you can access the files you need, just use a Wi-Fi file app like Wi-Fi File Explorer to browse your old phone's files and download the ones you want or ES File Explorer to transfer files via NFC or other methods.

I definitely recommend using Google as your Contacts and Calendar account so you can access them on any of your devices (they sync the changes), even iOS devices, as well as any Web browser when you're logged into Google. You can use Outlook on your PC with Google Calendar, too, and I assume also your contacts (I don't use Outlook, but had to set up the Google Calendar for a family member on their computer). I don't use the Samsung account or phone-only option (is that still an option?), though the Samsung account will sync between your devices, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech