I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and am trying to transfer files to it from my Moto X Pure Edition, but I can't find the app for it on the Moto X in the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2016 11:47 PM
    I had the same issue, from was I could tell SmartSwitch is incompatible with the MXP.

04-24-2016 12:06 AM
    I had the same issue, from was I could tell SmartSwitch is incompatible with the MXP.

How'd you transfer your contacts then?

04-24-2016 12:08 AM
    My contacts were backed up to a Gmail account. So that part was easy for me. Had to start from scratch on everything else.

04-24-2016 12:13 AM
    My contacts were backed up to a Gmail account. So that part was easy for me. Had to start from scratch on everything else.

How do you back your contacts to Gmail?

04-24-2016 12:18 AM
    Go to apkmirror site and see if they have any of the latest Smart Switch versions and sideload it to your Moto X.
    04-24-2016 12:32 AM
    Go to apkmirror site and see if they have any of the latest Smart Switch versions and sideload it to your Moto X.
    What's sideloading and how would I do it?

04-24-2016 12:35 AM
    Just figured it out, thanks

04-24-2016 12:43 AM
    How do you back your contacts to Gmail?

Or, just go into your contacts app and backup your contacts to your SD card...
    04-24-2016 12:44 AM
    Or, just go into your contacts app and backup your contacts to your SD card...
    Just did what you said cause the Smartswitch app crashes on my Moto, is there anyway to keep the conversations from my old phone?

04-24-2016 01:29 AM
    Just did what you said cause the Smartswitch app crashes on my Moto, is there anyway to keep the conversations from my old phone?

Maybe try a cloud solution? Don't know of a way to do it manually, without root.
    04-24-2016 01:40 AM
    Maybe try a cloud solution? Don't know of a way to do it manually, without root.
    Know of good cloud apps that might work?

04-24-2016 02:48 AM
    If you can access the files you need, just use a Wi-Fi file app like Wi-Fi File Explorer to browse your old phone's files and download the ones you want or ES File Explorer to transfer files via NFC or other methods.

I definitely recommend using Google as your Contacts and Calendar account so you can access them on any of your devices (they sync the changes), even iOS devices, as well as any Web browser when you're logged into Google. You can use Outlook on your PC with Google Calendar, too, and I assume also your contacts (I don't use Outlook, but had to set up the Google Calendar for a family member on their computer). I don't use the Samsung account or phone-only option (is that still an option?), though the Samsung account will sync between your devices, too.
    04-24-2016 03:44 AM
    Know of good cloud apps that might work?

I don't use cloud stuff. I'm sure someone else can point you to a good one.
    04-24-2016 11:58 AM